Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > ASOX

Date: 01/16/19 13:44
ASOX
Author: Fiftyfooter

Kind of cool weathering on this ASOX Hopper! 

ASOX -Americas Styrenics LLC (Americas Styrenics), the joint venture between The Dow Chemical Company and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP, it began operations on May 1, 2008.

The new company has the largest polystyrene capacity in the Western Hemisphere. 
To form Americas Styrenics, Dow will contribute six polystyrene plants: Torrance, California; Gales Ferry, Connecticut; Ironton, Ohio; Joliet, Illinois; Guaruja, Brazil and Cartagena, Colombia.

Chevron Phillips Chemical will contribute a styrene monomer plant in St. James, Louisiana and a polystyrene plant in Marietta, Ohio.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/19 13:52 by Fiftyfooter.

Date: 01/16/19 13:50
Re: ASOX ?
Author: ross

Americas Styrenics LLC. Built about 1991ish based off other cars in the fleet.

Date: 01/16/19 13:56
Author: Fiftyfooter

Thanks, Ross for the info, I added a little info I found after my original post as well. Kind of an interesting story.

Date: 01/16/19 15:31
Author: DKay

What a mess.That is a good modelling candidate for Jimmies over on the modelling board.
Regards,dK

Date: 01/16/19 16:02
Re: ASOX
Author: wjpyper

When I see that I wonder why the manufacturers don't use a better grade of paint. If I were the purchaser of those cars I would demand it.
Bill Pyper
Salem, Oregon

Date: 01/16/19 16:11
Re: ASOX
Author: PHall

wjpyper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I see that I wonder why the manufacturers
> don't use a better grade of paint. If I were the
> purchaser of those cars I would demand it.
> Bill Pyper
> Salem, Oregon
>  

Kinda a toss up, better grade of paint or a better job prepping and applying the paint.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds