Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Exposure Blowout (but I kinda like it)

Date: 02/07/19 08:55
Exposure Blowout (but I kinda like it)
Author: BoilingMan

I'm not sure what happened here- the camera's meter read something I hadn't intended.  It was possibly triggered by a bit of moisture trapped inside the UV filter that started to fog it.  (I had to ditch the filter for the rest of the day- a consequence of crazy conditions)
Anyway, I tweaked it a bit in Lightroom and I kinda like it- a throwback to the days of film where I was always trying to save stuff like this in the darkroom.  (and didn't have the lame luxury of blaming the camera- the mistakes were all mine!)
SR

Date: 02/07/19 09:01
Re: Exposure Blowout (but I kinda like it)
Author: TAW

BoilingMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (and didn't have the lame
> luxury of blaming the camera- the mistakes were
> all mine!)

I have a lot of pictures like that. I couldn't figure out what I was doing to make such mistakes (the all mine part). I had a brand new, expensive (for me) Gossen Luna-Pro meter. It took a long time to notice by looking at the needle as it moved that it was sticking instead of moving smoothly. The mistakes weren't all mine (which doesn't do me any good now).

At least there is the comfort of being better able to rescue them with the computer than in the darkroom.

TAW

Date: 02/07/19 20:13
Author: Atsf814

Like it!

Date: 02/08/19 10:56
Author: Gonut1

Your'e washed up in this town Yellow Borg!
Gonut

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds