Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tie Replacement on the CFNR West Valley Line

Date: 02/08/19 21:42
Tie Replacement on the CFNR West Valley Line
Author: Graybeard1942

I have been advised that this coming week the CFNR will be replacing ties on its West Valley Line.

The short video clip was taken Wednesday, February 6, at Cortena. This is the Davis crew. That day it picked up the Corning crew's CFNR 205 to stage it Harrington to be part of a work train the following day. Word is that the CFNR 1568 and 1569 will soon go out of service on the West Valley.

The train is southbound from the Cortena siding, MP 129.1.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/08/19 21:45
Re: Tie Replacement on the CFNR West Valley Line
Author: phthithu

Cool. I saw a centerbeam of ties on one of the storage tracks on the West Valley line in Davis the other day. 

Date: 02/09/19 08:17
Author: Josiah

How many ties are being replaced over how many miles?  Any idea of the extent of the program?

Contractor or in house MOW doing the work?

Date: 02/11/19 07:36
Author: cbk

I was in Tehema a couple weeks ago and noticed new ties along the CFNR right of way north of the bridge that has been bad ordered. Is the line from Richfield to Gerber being put back in service?

Date: 02/11/19 23:01
Author: Graybeard1942

My sources indicate the work will begin next week. I am guess it will be done by a contractor. The tie replacement on the Hamilton Branch was a contractor job.

I'll learn more when I next visit the West Valley (sun, sun, please) but it makes sense to take the work all the way to the Tehama Wye. It has not been abandoned, just neglected at the top end of the line.

Date: 02/11/19 23:13
Author: JimBaker

I hope they unload the Center Beam flat carefully per instructions to prevent tipping to the side.

James R.(Jim) Baker
Whittier, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0303 seconds