Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A few recent shots in Colorado

Date: 02/15/19 18:05
A few recent shots in Colorado
Author: msns2557

Hi All, Well as a compromise for getting my hubby a new scanner for his slides and negatives, he told me he would take me to Castle Rock Colo to spend some of our money. I did well, I must say so myself. But on our way north to Castle Rock Co we stopped and got a few shots along the way. Here are just 3 that we got.

Shot 1.. In Colo Springs we found these units as rear DPU units on a NB Coal Empty. This is just north of Bijou and pretty much over Uintah Street here.  BNSF 6146 with 2 others supply the muscle to help this one perhaps.

Shot 2.  Up at Castle Rock, we found this BNSF SD70ACe 9184. This is what I think he told me was a "Protect Unit" for SB trains that stalled on the Palmer Divide.

Shot 3.  Just north of Palmer Lake in the "sag" as he calls it, was this EB Vehicle Train out of the facility at Big Lift Co., south of Denver. Guess this one is headed for Kansas City. 75 Cars all empties on this one.

All shots taken on Feb 13 2019.  We stopped in Palmer Lake on the way home and enjoyed a nice late lunch or early dinner at Dex's Depot Restaraunt. I thought it was good food and a nice atmosphere for fans to sit and get a decent meal and perhaps enjoy a cold beverage of one's choice. That and a good view of the Joint Line made it even better.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Ya'll take care. Kristie

Date: 02/16/19 03:28
Re: A few recent shots in Colorado
Author: BNModeler

DED*?

Date: 02/16/19 05:25
Author: 2839Canadian

Dragging Equipment Detector

Date: 02/16/19 10:01
Author: NS4271

Very good photos.  I will be in that area in May.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds