Home Open Account Help 223 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BKTY Picture Show

Date: 03/16/19 18:00
BKTY Picture Show
Author: Fiftyfooter

Woodford Last week! I really like the weathering on the second one!

Date: 03/16/19 20:35
Re: BKTY Picture Show
Author: wattslocal

No wonder rail shipping in box cars has hit a new low. What does a shipper think when one of these rusty old and graffiti covered beaters shows up at their loading dock. Will this thing be safe for my shipment?

Unless you are shipping dozens of your trailers or boxes on pig flats or lots of coal, railroads don't want your business.

Today, as much as I don't lke them on the highway, trucking is the most expedient way to go.

I would enjoy seeing  fifty car trains of old 40 foot outside braced box cars again.

Keep on truckin"

Watts local
aka Ray Ballash.

Date: 03/16/19 21:02
Author: PHall

All the shipper cares about is what is the condition of the inside of the car. Because that's what their freight is touching.
Grafitti and rust don't protect the cargo.

Date: 03/17/19 12:33
Author: The-late-EMD

Actually boxcar shipments are at an all time high. There is actually a shortage of boxcars. That's why you see soon many new railbox car and older rust buckets that are kept in service just to meet demands for them. Boxcar shortage is more an East coast problem then west but they are definitely still in demand.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds