Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Reroute?

Date: 03/17/19 12:41
BNSF Reroute?
Author: blueflag

The CN Leithton Sub does not see TOFC on any regular train that traverses it short a rerouted BNSF train, BNSF 6055.  Sunday afternoon, in Plainfield IL, a southbound or eastbound BNSF train consisting of single stacked FedEx and UPS containers and various trailers went by.  Came off the BNSF at Eola, appears to have gotten of the CN at Joliet, like most other BNSF trains headed to/from LPC.

Any ideas to why this would have presumably rerouted this way?  Flooding in IA and NE?

Jeff Eggert
Plainfiield IL

Date: 03/17/19 12:57
Re: BNSF Reroute?
Author: Quakerengr

BNSF has trackage  rights Via  CN aka EJ&E from Eola to Joliet  to connect the North Lines with the "Transcon".  These stack trains operate to and fro  LPC west of Joliet..

PWM

Date: 03/17/19 13:35
Author: blueflag

Quakerengr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BNSF has trackage  rights Via  CN aka EJ&E from
> Eola to Joliet  to connect the North Lines with
> the "Transcon".  These stack trains operate to
> and fro  LPC west of Joliet..
>

This was not a typical train of international boxes or autos destined for LPC. I thought the trailers and UPS type traffic went to Western Springs on the old ATSF.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/17/19 16:57
Author: Lkirts

I hope not, enough of a mess with the domestic 53' coming in.

Date: 03/17/19 18:14
Author: ICE6A4001

I would guess a repo train of empty trailers and containers that was diverted to Willow Springs due to congestion at Cicero, or diverted from the route via Galesburg due to crew or other congestion issues.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/17/19 19:09
Author: Milw_E70

B SSECHC4 10A

Date: 03/17/19 23:00
Author: zchcsse

Milw_E70 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> B SSECHC4 10A

Looks like a "yard change" on the final destination then.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds