Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Gothenberg, Nebraska

Date: 03/21/19 06:48
Gothenberg, Nebraska
Author: texchief1

UP used to post on their website the trains that went through Gothenberg, Nebraska and it was available to the public.  That was ten years ago or so.  It was always 135 to 155 trains a day and no wonder they built the third track.  Now I think it is about 80 trains a day.  Of ourse the coal is way down and the trains are almost twice as long.  But that was a lot of trains.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 03/21/19 07:09
Re: Gothenberg, Nebraska
Author: dan

they have a pedestrian overpass iirc

Date: 03/21/19 11:59
Author: 37176

I was there in December and counted over 100 in one 24 hr period. It’s definitely up on what it was maybe three years ago.

This week it’ll be significantly down what with most of the triple track being submerged. Shame, as I’ll be there next week.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/21/19 15:15
Author: CPB284

Gibbon-North Platte is currently open. Trains are able to get there via Kansas City and Marysville. Grand Island-Fremont (Columbus Sub) is still out of service, although everything east out of Fremont is reopening today according to UP notices. I'd recommend monitoring the weather and river conditions if you are headed out there, but trains are currently running on the triple track. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/19 15:16 by CPB284.

Date: 03/21/19 15:18
Author: texchief1

Thanks for staying up 24 hours to get a head count.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 03/22/19 03:11
Author: 37176

texchief1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 371276,
>
> Thanks for staying up 24 hours to get a head
> count.
>
> Randy Lundgren
> Elgin, TX
>  

I camped by the tracks at Wild Rose Crossing between North Platte and Hershey.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds