Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Pounding Away at Hamilton Creek (North Bonneville, WA)

Date: 03/22/19 11:57
Pounding Away at Hamilton Creek (North Bonneville, WA)
Author: railstiesballast

I finally stopped on a not rainy day to take a quick look at the BNSF's bridge replacement project.  With better weather I hope to take more frequent looks and post updates.
This is Bridge No. 47.0 (mileposts from Portland OR).  The replacement bridge will be 21 feet to the south of the present main line (but still north of WA Highway 14) and will be three Deck Plate Girders, from the west as 95, 143, and 75 ft. spans.  
The environmental reports states completion is planned for 10/19.
All three images are from the south, from a hiking trail that is blocked by construction activity.  One if from the trail, 2 and 3 are up the bank to the level of Highway 14. 
Photo 1 shows the pile driver working on the west side of the creek
Photo 2 shows the crane assembling the girders from the east side of the creek, using a temporary bridge/falswork structure over the creek, and the trail barricades.
Photo 3 is of the west bank from the highway embankment.
The sound of the pile driver brought me back to many days and nights getting bridges built or replaced on the SP and Metrolink.
I'm pleased to see this investment in the future, in this case until at least 2120, maybe longer.

Date: 03/22/19 12:40
Re: Pounding Away at Hamilton Creek (North Bonneville, WA)
Author: EMDSW-1

Always nice to see new infrastructure being built...looks like they will be realigning the track to fit the new bridge.

Dick Samuels

Date: 03/22/19 17:19
Re: Pounding Away at Hamilton Creek (North Bonneville, WA)
Author: spider1319

Thanks for the informative update.Always cool to see pictures of cranes and pile drivers, too. Bill Webb

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0447 seconds