Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Locomotive ID Bio And Model Help

Date: 04/07/19 17:36
Locomotive ID Bio And Model Help
Author: UPDetector

I didn't have a picture camera at the time, this a video still from the video I shot of this train which was UP train AARAS-4 (Arlington Texas to Alton Southerns RR's Gateway Yard in East St.Louis Illinois). I have no idea what even the railroad FMIX even is can't find it on any railroad picture sites but anyways it's FMIX 63 for the engine number nor do I know the engines model so this is all a huge mystery to me, if anyone happens to know anything about this unit it's gratefully appreciated because it's definitely drawing a blank for me. Thanks for your help for whomever provides it. 

Date: 04/07/19 17:58
Re: Locomotive ID Bio And Model Help
Author: BCutter

I looked about and found that FMIX reporting marks beong to CCKX Incorporated according to Railraod Picture Archives (RRPA).  RRPA shows a shot of a tarped FMIX 53 at UP's Little Rock shops  -- picture taken on 12/26/2018.  A little more websurfing and I found that the parent company of CCKX is a company called Fabricated Metal Inc.  That company has been involved (according to it's website) in container manufacture.  There are 4 pictures of AAR Class FMS flat cars with CCKX reprting marks also on RRPA. But no FMIX #63!

Bruce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/19 18:59 by BCutter.

Date: 04/07/19 18:14
Re: Locomotive ID Bio And Model Help
Author: TCGB53

That is former PHDX 63. A Phelps Dodge Morenci Mine (now Freeport McMoran) GP39-2. I tried to attach a picture but apparently Trainorders and IPad and me are not a combo that’s working together. But google phdx 63. 

Edit, posted a pic.  Found on railpictures.net Photo taken by Steven Vincent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/19 14:39 by TCGB53.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.043 seconds