Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF St Joseph Sub Searchlights?

Date: 04/07/19 17:25
BNSF St Joseph Sub Searchlights?
Author: CR6377

Hello all. Looking for some location close to Kansas City that have Searchlight signals at Interlockings on this line if that's possible and if there are any. Thanks all for the info. First time in 12 years being in the area. 

Marc L

Date: 04/08/19 08:59
Re: BNSF St Joseph Sub Searchlights?
Author: wesleygreer

There are still searchlights protecting the sidings at Waldron, East Leavenworth, Sadler (north of Weston), Armour (east of Atchison), and Halls, those would be the closest to KC. Best option would be south Armour, still has a searchlight on a signal bridge over the main track.

Date: 04/08/19 12:49

OK. Looks like that Armour is a winner for me. Thanks for that info! How is traffic levels on that line lately? Thanks again

Marc L

Date: 04/08/19 12:55
Author: bn2310

That signal bridge is still one left from the CB&Q. It makes for a great photo with it in the background. I'd probably shoot it sooner than later, as many of the searchlights have been replace by the Vader hoods.

Date: 04/08/19 13:08

I'll be going to the area next month. And one big thing reason is because of the signals. Hopefully some decent traffic running.

Marc L

Date: 04/08/19 15:09
Author: wesleygreer

Traffic levels are heavy, it's gotta be one of the busiest single track lines in the US. At least 30 a day I'd estimate.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0273 seconds