Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Nevada Critter in Need of New Home

Date: 04/17/19 09:31
Nevada Critter in Need of New Home
Author: spider1319

Now outside the closed Reid Gardner Coal fired power plant in Moapa,Nevada the plant switcher awaits shipment.I am guessing low boy truck or rail flatcar. The plant built in 1965 was  shutdown in March of 2017 and is currently undergoing demolition.I have no idea behind the history of the engine or even make, model or manufacture.All rail west of the unit into the plant has been removed.Probably half the plant has been removed .Bill Webb

Date: 04/17/19 09:41
Re: Nevada Critter in Need of New Home
Author: ns2557

Looks like a GE SL-110 Type unit. Jay Reeds CGTIL Vol 3 shows a GE 110T Unit assigned here.  Ben

Date: 04/17/19 10:41
Author: callum_out

That's a pretty modern "critter", nice shots, just went by there on 15, should have stopped.

Out

Date: 04/17/19 12:24
Author: Railbaron

That's a pretty nice looking "critter"; looks like it was well taken care of. I would sure expect some industrial operation to save that.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/17/19 12:27
Author: PHall

Has plenty of resale value. A dealer should have no trouble selling it.

Date: 04/17/19 21:03
Author: atsf121

Crazy to see the coal power plant close north of Vegas but then see the new solar plants south of Vegas. The world keeps on changing. Hope the critter finds a good home.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/18/19 10:57
Author: CPRR

I will buy that for a dollar!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds