Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CBS (TV) Sunday Morning News Show to feature UP & #4014 6/16

Date: 06/15/19 23:03
CBS (TV) Sunday Morning News Show to feature UP & #4014 6/16
Author: weather

Some of you know I am the Union Pacific Meteorologist but I am also the West Coast Weather Producer for CBS News.  I work with John Blackstone, CBS News Correspondent stationed in San Francisco.  I had an idea that CBS should cover the U.P. and the restoraration of the #4014 and presented the idea to John, who is also a good friend of mine. This Sunday mornings video piece runs about 15 minutes and will be teassed and is  previewed at the start of the program.  If I do say so myself, John did a superb job on the return of the Big Boy.  Here in Northern California, the 90 min. program airs LIVE  from NYC and begins at 6 am on KOVR in Sacramento. In the SFO  Bay Area it airs at 7:00 am local time. As they say, check your local listings for station times. You can google. "CBS Sunday Morning". and see it if you miss the initial  program.  I went to Promontory for the celebrartion and chased the eastbound trip into the Wasatch.  Many folks had postings here on Trainorders.  I am taking the opportunity to post one of my own images on the approach to Echo Canyon. For those that missed it:   https://www.cbsnews.com/video/sunday-morning-full-episode-616/       Happy Fathers Day!  Mike Pechner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/19 09:25 by weather.

Date: 06/15/19 23:41
Re: CBS (TV) Sunday Morning News Show to feature UP & #4014 6/16
Author: dan

a great consistent program

Date: 06/16/19 05:03
Author: perklocal

I've been a faithful watcher of CBS Sunday Morning for 40 years. I remember Charles Kuralt was a bit of a railfan and featured a few railroad related subjects on his "On The Road" series back in the day. I also remember when CBS Sunday Morning ran a segment on the Union Pacific Steam Program and the 3985.

Date: 06/16/19 08:31
Author: Lackawanna484

Liked it. Lots of overhead shooting. Some steam shop photography.

Mr Dickens presented the work of the steam team in a respectful way.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/16/19 09:06
Author: dan

no wonder charles was always on the road....

Date: 06/16/19 09:23
Author: czuleget

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0497 seconds