Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Toto Tuesday: a favorite place

Date: 08/06/19 10:45
Toto Tuesday: a favorite place
Author: santafe199

Just about every railfan I’ve ever known has an ‘All-Time Favorite’ spot to shoot at. One which is cherished above all others. But an unwritten railfan rule lets us all have a handful of other favored places to shoot. As in: “I have a ‘bunch of favorites’ places to the shoot XYZ Ry.” But when pressed, any fan will have a #1 favorite. It’s just human nature, railfan style.

For me there is a place that fits the above description perfectly. It’s down on the old Rock Island GSR between Dwight & White City, KS. It’s Uncle Pete’s turf now, but I sure wish I’d have discovered it back in the Mighty Fine Rock Island days! Enjoy this latest Toto, whilst I go to work on approximately 3000 total images spread over 14 shooting days. Clue: Out of the mess I have to weed down, locate & ID lots & lots of images of a certain extra large-sized tea kettle making its way across Husker Nation. (in both directions… ;^)

1. 2. & 3. UP 2602 leads a stack train up to & away from the S 1700 Rd crossing 3 miles west of Dwight, KS on November 5, 2018.

Thanks for looking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/19 10:49 by santafe199.

Date: 08/06/19 11:06
Re: Toto Tuesday: a favorite place
Author: Ritzville

Looks like an interesting area, very NICE shots!

Larry

Date: 08/06/19 11:14
Author: santafe199

Ritzville Wrote: > ...  Looks like an interesting area ...

Thanks, Larry! This spot is really quite versatile. I was in such a hurry to go to work on my 4014 images I forgot to mention the focal lengths for each image. They are 140mm, 56mm & 112mm respectively. You can literally stand in one spot and use extreme wide angle up to the 300-400 range. Even longer, if you have Mr Palmer's talent... ;^)

Lance

Date: 08/06/19 12:06
Author: bmarti7

Are those the only ONE's you shot? (pardon the awful pun).

BB

Date: 08/06/19 13:59
Author: HH

I especially like your 2nd shot...for some reason, the tree really adds something to the image.
Nice composition!

Hopmere Hank

Date: 08/06/19 14:17
Author: bobk

Nice shots!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0393 seconds