Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > KC Terminal

Date: 01/14/20 16:39
KC Terminal
Author: radarcontact

Where is the KCT Railway dispatched from now? It’s a very confusing operation and there isn’t a *ton* of information online about how it’s currently run. It’s a crazy looking operation, but makes perfect sense.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/14/20 17:52
Re: KC Terminal
Author: exprail

There is no dispatcher for the Watco Kaw River Railroad.

Jobs start out of several locations.

Class yard is the old Mill St. location.

exprail 

Date: 01/14/20 20:52
Author: subchief

According to  2016 KCT Operating and Special Instructions, there are/were two dispatchers for KCT: East Dispatcher at Rock Cr Tower and West Dispatcher at Santa Fe Jct. As to the physical location of the people doing the work, maybe someone else knows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/20 20:53 by subchief.

Date: 01/15/20 05:52
Author: goneon66

could anybody post some images of the kct dispatcher's territory or dispatcher's screen?  i'd be interested to see what it looks like..........

Date: 01/15/20 06:52
Author: crazy_train_999

I am not 100% certain, but I believe KCT is dispatched out of 4501 Kansas Avenue, which is immediately east of the 3-story brick BNSF office building in the Argentine neighborhood.  If anyone could confirm, that would be appreciated.

Date: 01/15/20 08:41
Author: bmarti7

goneon66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> could anybody post some images of the kct
> dispatcher's territory or dispatcher's screen? 
> i'd be interested to see what it looks
> like..........
>
> 66

Here's ATCS

Date: 01/15/20 19:43
Author: midwest

KCT disprs are no longer on BNSF property at 4501 Kansas Ave in Kansas City, KS. They (and UP disprs) were served eviction notice in Jan 2018. That’s when BNSF announced closing the office and moving their disprs to Fort Worth.

The KCT and UP disprs are now working in UP office space at 7th and Broadway in Kansas City MO.

Date: 01/15/20 19:51
Author: goneon66

thank you very much bimarti7.  that atcs screen image of the kc terminal was much appreciated.............

Date: 01/16/20 08:33
Author: crazy_train_999

Thank you bmarti7 and midwest...Very helpful information and clarification.

Date: 01/16/20 14:34

Thanks for the info!!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/16/20 14:44

UP still has dispatchers in KC? I thought they’d done like BNSF and moved everything up to Nebraska.

Does KCT use ATCS type system or something more primitive?

It’s a neat concept how a small entity controls all of the trackage in the KC area.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0609 seconds