Home Open Account Help 263 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Static Display at South Park

Date: 03/21/20 19:39
Static Display at South Park
Author: BNSF-6432

During a vacation to Colorado in 2017, we stumbled upon the South Park City museum in Fairplay, CO. Here's some shots from the museum that I've recently came back across.

1) A wooden narrow gauge stock car sits just past depot.

2) A baggage cart sits on the side of the depot with a narrow gauge steam engine lettered for DSP&P yet originally built for a railroad in Guatemala.

3) A look at the built train with a pair of boxcars and a caboose outside the old town

Date: 03/21/20 19:44
Re: Static Display at South Park
Author: BNSF-6432

4) A view from the cupola in the caboose

5) A display of mine carts lined up to dump into an open gon.

6) Another overview from the coal mine showing a cart loading the gon.

Taken 8/7/2017 in the South Park City, CO museum
PQM

Date: 03/22/20 04:32
Author: PlyWoody

Wow, this is very interesting and they are great photos.  Great to see more narrow gauge equipment saved and put into such a nice condition on display.  Only need to get the white paint off the locomotive.  It is so close to Como that when the Como volunteer crew is looking for something new to work on they can go over to Fairplay and join their crew.  And Breckenridge also has some equipment on display including a rotary snow plow.  Can anyone post some photos of that NFS display?

Date: 03/22/20 05:33
Author: ns1000

Thanks for the pics...

Date: 03/22/20 05:36
Static Display at Breckenridge, CO
Author: cozephyr

1-Colorado & Southern Railway #9, 2-6-0 built by Cooke in 1884, is displayed at Breckenridge, Colorado, 4 February 2011.  Note tender had not been placed with #9 in the newly completed covered display.

2-Denver, Leadville & Gunnison rotary 01 displayed at Breckenridge, CO, 4 February 2011.

3-Colorado & Southern Rly #9 on 4 February 2011 at Breckenridge, CO.  Safely under cover.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/20 05:41 by cozephyr.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1316 seconds