Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Escalante Western

Date: 04/07/20 05:49
Escalante Western
Author: SD45X

Leaving El Segundo mine couple weeks ago MP 28 yesterday  14 trains to load and it's over:(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/20 05:51 by SD45X.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/07/20 06:06
Re: Escalante Western
Author: exhaustED

Nice quality video... I wonder who might take those SD40-3s off their hands...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/20 11:57 by exhaustED.

Date: 04/07/20 06:37
Author: spider1319

Good job.Thanks for sharing.I hate to see it go,especially with the older power.Bill Webb

Date: 04/07/20 09:13
Author: krm152

Nice Videos.  Thanks for posting.  ALLEN

Date: 04/07/20 10:26
Author: TopCat

Pretty cool,
When my stepmother worked at PEGS (many years ago) she was good friends with one of the mine operators who were good friends with the train crew who arranged it for my father and I to take a ride out to the mine and back.  Even got some throttle time with the SD40's. So, why do you say only 14 trains and no more?  Is the whole line (including the other mines) going to shut down?  If so, that's too bad.  

Top Cat

Date: 04/07/20 11:09
Author: Alco251

TopCat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pretty cool,
> When my stepmother worked at PEGS (many years ago)
> she was good friends with one of the mine
> operators who were good friends with the train
> crew who arranged it for my father and I to take a
> ride out to the mine and back.  Even got some
> throttle time with the SD40's. So, why do you say
> only 14 trains and no more?  Is the whole line
> (including the other mines) going to shut down? 
> If so, that's too bad.  
>
> Top Cat

PEGS is shutting down in early summer for good. By mid-April, Escalante Western will have delivered the last load of coal from El Segundo Mine, and once the stockpile is depleted, Tri-State Generating & Transmission shuts down the turbines at Prewitt and switches to generation sources elsewhere. El Segundo Mine continues production for other customers, shipping via BNSF. Lee Ranch mine is mothballed and will probably never reopen. Where will the EW SD40-3's go? What, ultimately will happen to the Star Lake Railroad? Good questions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/20 11:11 by Alco251.

Date: 04/07/20 18:37
Author: dcfbalcoS1

The SD/40-2's may be well maintained and good runners BUT, it is most likely they will be parted out by someone and the rest scrapped. AGE !

Date: 04/09/20 06:20
Author: amtrak34east

What did you do different with the second video? It displays on my screen as video not supported on both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. Otherwise, congrats on a free month of TO with the first video of a operation I've grown to love when I resided down there for 3 1/2 years :)

Date: 04/09/20 16:44
Author: spdaylight

Had the same issue with the second vid .. . .  and the rail line looks in great shape too

Craig
mcmrailvideos.com

Date: 04/09/20 20:19
Author: SD45X

Both were iphone vids. One may have uploaded and lost the signal when it happened. Not sure. Have to try again later. Just got a new phone and backing up the old one now.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0553 seconds