Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Mount Hood (SDCX) 02 and 89

Date: 06/10/20 09:27
Mount Hood (SDCX) 02 and 89
Author: KM-ML4000

Does anyone know for sure where the former Mt. Hood 02 and 89 are headed? Currently the 02 is in Denver, and rumored to be billed to the Denver Rock Island RR. The 89 was spotted set out along the UP in Eastern Oregon recently, but it too is rumored to be headed to the DRIR in Denver.

Both units were listed for sale on the Ozark website, but are currently no longer listed.

Date: 06/10/20 13:02
Re: Mount Hood (SDCX) 02 and 89
Author: cozephyr

Mt. Hood Railroad lettered SDCX 02 was spotted in Denver, CO, this week-you appear to have it's destination.  Time will tell when the SDCX 02 is delivered.

Date: 06/10/20 14:17
Author: ble692

SDCX 88 had a bearing issue shortly after leaving Hinkle and was setout. The issue has been fixed and the plan is for to resume it's journey towards Denver tomorrow.

Date: 06/10/20 15:15
Author: Milwaukee

I will miss the former Mt. Hood RR but I certainly won't miss that paint scheme.

Date: 06/10/20 18:10
Author: bluesman

Milwaukee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will miss the former Mt. Hood RR but I certainly
> won't miss that paint scheme.

I agree. Every time I went by HR on I-84 for years I cringed seeing that strange paint scheme.

Date: 06/10/20 18:19
Author: 2839Canadian

Has the Mount Hood RR gone belly-up?

Date: 06/10/20 22:12
Author: JDLX

Yes and no.  MHRR is still running, at least for now, though under the direction of a trustee as corporate parent Iowa Pacific is in bankruptcy.  Iowa Pacific previously tendered the two locomotives and most of MH's passenger equipment as security for a loan, along with a lot of other equipment scattered across the IPH empire, IPH defaulted on the loan so the lender got the equipment, they promptly sold it to another party who listed the equipment on Ozark.  MH replaced its lost locomotives with power leased from Western Rail, first a GP38 that got returned I believe for lack of extended range dynamic brakes and then I think a GP35 that just arrived in the last week or two.  They continue hauling freight and may or may not resume passenger operations whenever the current virus situation allows, provided that nobody buys their passenger cars between now and then. 

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Date: 06/11/20 09:59
Author: ShortlinesUSA

Good summary, Jeff.  The replacement unit for WRIX 3877 (former CBRL) is WRIX 2250, which is a GP38-3 rebuilt from a GP35.  It wears the OmniTrax blue and gray paint scheme.

Mike Derrick

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0357 seconds