Home Open Account Help 163 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > LORAM MOW equipment parked beside Missouri River at Leavenworth

Date: 08/14/20 14:44
LORAM MOW equipment parked beside Missouri River at Leavenworth
Author: JoCoLB

While visiting Leavenworth, KS, on Thursday afternoon, Aug. 13, 2020, I happened to come across a short LORAM MOW conveyor ballast train parked on a Union Pacific Railroad siding along the west bank of the Missouri River (Falls City Sub./ex-Missouri Pacific Railroad river route). 

There was only one rock car in the MOW consist. This was the first time I had ever viewed such LORAM MOW equipment. When this equipment is out doing its work, are regular locomotives coupled on?  In doing some research, I found the LMIX-201 was listed as a power car and not a regullar locomotive.

Date: 08/14/20 14:48
Re: LORAM MOW equipment parked beside Missouri River at Leavenwor

Here are two more views of the MOW equipment, including the special purpose caboose. 

(Photos by Larry Byers) 

Date: 08/14/20 14:58

Correction: I've been informed by a fellow railfan that this is a ditch-cleaning machine. I guess that's the reason for only one car and the DC-1 designation on the power car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/20 15:00 by JoCoLB.

Date: 08/17/20 06:47
Author: Gonut1

Its a mini-"Big Wheel"!
Go

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0307 seconds