Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Final Catch Before Moving

Date: 09/25/20 08:31
Final Catch Before Moving
Author: BNSF-6432

While still working on settling down here in Odessa, TX, I've gotten around to uploading my final catch while living in Tulsa, OK. In the midst of preparing to move, I found some time to run downtown and was able to catch 467 returning to Cherokee Yard from working industries east of Tulsa. It was nice to make the road local my last catch versus your everyday intermodal or manifest with a GE duo or trio.

1) Business employees cross over the tracks on their lunch break unaware of the local making it's way westbound under the many bridges in downtown Tulsa. The middle bridge being the one that once served Tulsa Union Depot.

2) The power finds a break in the bridge shadows coming down main 2 with a GP60M and SD75.

3) A final going away shot as they prepare to go over Denver Ave.

Taken 9/17/20
PQM

Date: 09/25/20 09:02
Re: Final Catch Before Moving
Author: King_Coal

Interesting location. I would think this is a fairly busy location but the general area looks a trifle disheveled. Is that BNSF track on the right side?

Tulsa Union Depot is an interesting structure that still stands nearby.

Thanks for sharing. Good luck in Odessa.

Date: 09/25/20 09:29
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice finale.
JB

Date: 09/25/20 09:46
Author: tomstp

Gee, moving from land of trees and water to ----------------------------------------desert.  Only break, not near as many tornado alerts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/20 09:47 by tomstp.

Date: 09/25/20 10:38
Author: bnsfsd70

That second shot is really nice!

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 09/25/20 13:30
Author: callum_out

Not to derail the subject but BNSF runs a regular H-TULBAR from Tulsa to Barstow, train looks like a model
railroaders delight, few of everything. But Tulsa to Barstow? And Lubbock to Barstow? Hello UP, I know you're
trying to help but we're having trouble keeping up with the new BNSF symbols.

Out 

Date: 09/25/20 19:57
Author: SP8595

bnsfsd70 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That second shot is really nice!

I agree:}

Date: 09/25/20 20:15
Author: SCKP187

Nice catches Patrick. Good looking units and I always have liked that downtown location Hope you show us some Odessa shots in the future as well
Brian Stevens

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/26/20 13:14
Author: BNSF-6432

King_Coal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting location. I would think this is a
> fairly busy location but the general area looks a
> trifle disheveled. Is that BNSF track on the right
> side?
>
> Tulsa Union Depot is an interesting structure that
> still stands nearby.
>
> Thanks for sharing. Good luck in Odessa.

Thanks, The tracks to the right are indeed BNSF, however they don't get any action as far as I'm aware of on that end. BNSF shoves their interchange for UP into both tracks and UP picks them up all from the east end. BNSF use to spot boxcars for paper down on the west end of these tracks but not sure if that's still done. These are the only remaining depot tracks. 
As for traffic, this area sees upwards of 30+ trains a day including Stillwater Central daily and UP's local. A good number of intermodals to and from Memphis, St Louis, and Atlanta. Occasional unit trains such as coal, oil, roack, and coil. Terminating and originating freights in and out of Tulsa make it rather busy.

PQM

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0518 seconds