Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Snowy BNSF horn echos

Date: 02/15/21 09:41
Snowy BNSF horn echos
Author: BrianA

On a snowy Valentines Day 2-14-21 Interbay bound BNSF grain loads pass through Dieringer, WA just south of Auburn where the train will take a yard track for a recrew before continuing north to Seattle.  Dieringer was an old Northern Pacific location, not much here now but a detector plus pleasant scenery and horn echoes off the hills.  The video was 10 minutes long as the train had to slow down to a crawl to allow a coal load ahead to head into another yard track at Auburn so I cut out the middle of the video and in doing so got the train slowing down and picking up speed again.  Up front are BNSF GE's 4722/7890 and DPU's 7836/4668 shoving on the rear.
Thanks for watching!
Brian Ambrose
Renton, WA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/15/21 10:04
Re: Snowy BNSF horn echos
Author: IC_2024

Nice!  That first horn blast REALLY echoed, indeed.  There are a couple of spots on my run that I like to "crack" the window open so I can hear that-- huge warehouse type places work well for the Doppler effect, and then up on the summit of Donner, the horn echoes well through the pine trees and off the mountain sides-- really enjoy that!

Date: 02/15/21 10:26
Author: Ritzville

Nice snow video with the NICE echoing horn! Have about a foot of snow in the backyard.

Larry

Date: 02/15/21 10:39
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice video with some of the best audio I've heard on a video.... Thanks for sharing!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 02/15/21 11:29
Author: NWRail

I'll never forget being on a camping trip in Banff National Park in Canada and hearing the train horns echo off the mountains in the middle of the night.  This video reminded me of that.  An awesome example of a horn echo is at 7:37 into this video.  Listen to how long the sound hangs in the air: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuEn3zDkbI

Date: 02/15/21 12:34
Author: BrianA

I know that area well.  The west side of Stevens Pass.  Skykomish is great for long horn echos.
Brian

NWRail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll never forget being on a camping trip in Banff
> National Park in Canada and hearing the train
> horns echo off the mountains in the middle of the
> night.  This video reminded me of that.  An
> awesome example of a horn echo is at 7:37 into
> this video.  Listen to how long the sound hangs
> in the
> air: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuEn3zDkbI

Date: 02/15/21 13:45
Author: FiveChime

Great echo and recording of the braking!

Regards,Jim Evans

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds