Home Open Account Help 261 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Strangers in Town

Date: 02/28/21 15:16
Strangers in Town
Author: twjurgens

Friday, a military train with tanks and other heavy equipment came through Lincoln, NE.  I didn't get out to get shots of that but yesterday, a second train that looks to be mostly support equipment came through with BNSF 787 as the only power.  This is a sight we don't see often not only because it's a military train but it has a fairly clean warbonnet as the sole power.

The first 2 shots attached are of that train at the South 14th Street crossing (old Highway 77) in Lincoln.

About a week ago, a post on social media showed a westbound sand train with an engine from a railroad I hadn't heard of before.  Since then, there have been photos here on Trainorders of the train as it made its way west.

Yesterday, the train was returning east thru Lincoln.  The third shot attached is of the train at Emerald where crews were changed. 

Date: 02/28/21 15:18
Re: Strangers in Town

(more)

The next 3 shots are of the train at Plamor, west of Lincoln.  The train is approaching Hobson yard.   As I understand it, they spent the rest of the afternoon spotting bad order cars at Hobson and didn't leave Lincoln until dusk.

Glad I went out for these two! 

Date: 02/28/21 18:39
Author: callum_out

The military equipment is most likely assigned to the National Guard for crowd control if the Huskers don't start
winning this fall! Great shots, like the power on both trainsm that CM&Q unit is pretty unique.

Out 

Date: 02/28/21 20:46
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE series!

Larry

Date: 03/01/21 05:55

You're right on the crowd control :) !!  Unfortunately, this particular train was headed for Texas according to some of the chatter.

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The military equipment is most likely assigned to
> the National Guard for crowd control if the
> Huskers don't start
> winning this fall! Great shots, like the power on
> both trainsm that CM&Q unit is pretty unique.
>
> Out 

Date: 03/01/21 08:44
Author: santafe199

You're right, you had a remarkable variety on your menu!

Willie W

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0468 seconds