Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Another Not-So-Baretable Coming on BNSF Gateway

Date: 03/30/21 17:33
Another Not-So-Baretable Coming on BNSF Gateway
Author: icancmp193

Another train of 108 repo trailers and containers is headed south on the BNSF Gateway Sub through suburban Crescent Mills CA at 1725 hours. 2 units and 108 platforms. They ran a similar train yesterday(?) but it was of the monster variety. I didn't pay close attention, but there was a rear-end DPU and it almost sounded like a mid-train too. So heads up points south!

TJY

Date: 03/30/21 18:01
Re: Another Not-So-Baretable Coming on BNSF Gateway
Author: mapboy

The containers are single-stacked, right?  Before anyone asks, due to lack of tunnel clearance.  Makes me wonder if these are the first "B4" baretables with empty trailers and containers on BNSF system with DPU.

mapboy

Date: 03/30/21 18:21
Author: icancmp193

mapboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The containers are single-stacked, right?  Before
> anyone asks, due to lack of tunnel clearance.
>  Makes me wonder if these are the first "B4"
> baretables with empty trailers and containers on
> BNSF system with DPU.
>
> mapboy

Yes, single-stacked on the containers, of which there probably not more than 20 of the 108.
As I said, I didn't pay close attention to the monster train, but I suspect it was at least 150 platforms or more.

TJY

Date: 03/30/21 19:03
Author: SCUfoamer

I believe this is one of those trains you have been talking about. This train was symboled as some baretable I believe. 

Date: 03/30/21 19:48
Author: trainjunkie

BNSF is kind of funny about the baretable designation. Some are literally empty well or spine cars. Some are loaded with empty containers. Those still qualify as a baretable. You never know what you are going to get when you are called for a "B" train. Nonetheless, the Gateway Sub baretables are always either totally empty or single-stacked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/21 11:56 by trainjunkie.

Date: 03/31/21 11:09
Author: Zephyr

Hard to keep up with the insatiable demand for equipment in Southern and Central California, both from a trailer/container perspective and a railcar perspective.  Thus, repo trains like those discussed here are attempting to meet the demand by moving equipment from the PNW and other origins to Lathrop or Los Angeles.

Date: 03/31/21 20:12
Author: cajon

By Mojave Wednesday BNSF with 7498 7392 with 100 Fedx trailers and 54 double stack well card loaded and dpu 8119.
Gong to Barstow.
Dennis

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/31/21 20:32
Author: atsf121

Is it classified as a baretable because it is empty and this lower priority?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/01/21 11:09
Author: callum_out

Yes to the Baretable question, supposed to be a repo move but seems mixed on some days/ Most likely this
is the B-PTLLAC that has been riunning thru Denver.

Out 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0419 seconds