Home Open Account Help 169 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Modoc/Goose Lake 6-19-21

Date: 06/19/21 16:27
Modoc/Goose Lake 6-19-21
Author: GCCIteacher

Hey Modoc fans!  As an addendum to Spider1319s’ posting:

I gave chase on Saturday and observed the following:

Alturas-32 covered hoppers in the main yard ( I am guessing empty so GOOS can feed off of these). On the north end lead were 10  empty chip cars and 2 covered hoppers ( bad ordered). These was no sign of UP which is “normal’ any more.

I headed north and caught the southbound Gooselake train with a monster 29 cars in tow (27 hoppers and two center-beams)! After grabbing some shots I continued up to Lakeview where at the main yard was the GP7 and all three of the Helms lease units still on site.( I’ll do a separate post about Red Rock Bio-Fuels) As usual there were a half dozen or so of mechanized MOW equipment.  From what I could see  of the mill there were 6 or 7 covered hoppers stashed throughout as well as what looked to be 4 center-beams being loaded. Nine empty chip cards were near the chip load out but none being loaded. At the perlite load out were approximately 18 hoppers scattered about.

#1   At Linville Creek

#2  XL Reservation north of Surprise Station

Date: 06/19/21 16:29
Re: Modoc/Goose Lake 6-19-21
Author: bluesman

Very cool!

Date: 06/19/21 19:35
Author: pdt

Nice sized train,  Great power. 
UP probably giving bad service to Alturas , cause they couldnt reach agreement with GOOS on trackage rights.  Traditionally, the UP asks too much for everything.   and now seems  they are being A-holes about it.

Date: 06/19/21 22:26
Author: gonx

Neat series.

Thanks

Date: 06/20/21 09:37
Author: spider1319

Thanks for post and update.I am glad they got the A frames.Bill Webb

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1351 seconds