Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Coal & wind & clouds & a strange boxcar!

Date: 06/25/21 02:10
Coal & wind & clouds & a strange boxcar!
Author: santafe199

When you go out on a typical railfan safari and the weather goes south you have 2 options. Throw in the towel and go home, or just keep snooping around. Sometimes you never know what you’ll find if you keep snooping...

1. UP 7608 is eastbound, soon to be southbound. The location is BNSF’s Strong City Sub about 2 miles west of Lost Springs, KS. At Lost Springs this train regains home rails and a southbound heading.

2. Later the same day I found this modified boxcar right behind the power of an eastbound stacker at Herington, KS.
(2 photos taken May 31, 2021)

Thanks for looking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 06/25/21 04:12
Re: Coal & wind & clouds & a strange boxcar!
Author: dcfbalcoS1

I saw that UP boxcar/inspection car go west through Hooker, Oklahoma 4 or 5 days ago. On the Golden State line west of Liberal, Ks

Date: 06/25/21 06:32
Author: JDRumley

Best info I come up with is that it is a self contained track geometry car. Also have 910702 and 910703. Appears to have some antenne arrangement for GPS.

Date: 06/25/21 08:01
Author: spsunset

Date: 06/25/21 08:34
Author: PHall

CN has simular cars.

Date: 06/26/21 03:11
Author: Roadjob

Great composition on that first shot. The compression gives power to the picture. Nicely done Lance.

Bill Rettberg
Bel Air, MD

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0461 seconds