Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tony Johnson

Date: 07/13/21 18:36
Tony Johnson
Author: photobob

I had two reliable sources that Tony had passed away so I did a post about it. It turns out he is in a hospice and is still with us. I feel bad about this mistake and Im sorry for the error. Knowing Tony I think he will forgive me. I can't think of anything else to say.

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 07/13/21 18:45
Re: Tony Johnson
Author: funnelfan

I hope Tony gets to see the heartfelt responses to the news of his passing, albiet a bit pre-mature.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 07/13/21 18:56
Author: WAF

Scott Inman talked to his wife and he has passed on Sunday. Still, if he was still alive, I could see him laughing his ass off about these post on whether he passed or not. A great fan of the SP is gone. RIP, Tony

Date: 07/13/21 21:20
Author: px320

As stated by Mark Twain:

"The report of my death was an exaggeration."

Posted from Android

Date: 07/14/21 10:29
Author: LoggerHogger

photobob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had two reliable sources that Tony had passed
> away so I did a post about it. It turns out he is
> in a hospice and is still with us. I feel bad
> about this mistake and Im sorry for the error.
> Knowing Tony I think he will forgive me. I can't
> think of anything else to say.

Bob, I just checked with Scott Inman and he did talk to Tony's wife and she did confirm that Tony passed last Sunday.

Martin
>  

Date: 07/14/21 11:31
Author: santafe199

px320 Wrote: > ...  As stated by Mark Twain: ............

Even William Shakespeare could get in on this one with an opening line from his play Hamlet (Act III, scene 1): 
"To be, or nor to be, that is the question..."

All morbid humor aside, the already expressed opinion that Mr Johnson would most likely be laughing at this extraordinary mix-up tells me he is a railfan I would have loved to meet. Even above all other railfanning "things", it was our collective off-the-wall sense of humor that tied the six of us 80s KS Gang characters together the most. Will all due respect I offer the usual R.I.P. sentiments for him. But for those of us who never met Tony I'd like to add another line from Shakespeare, which is probably his most often MIS-quoted line:

"Alas poor Tony, we hardly knew ye..."

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds