Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > EB BNSF OCS pics

Date: 07/15/21 22:23
EB BNSF OCS pics
Author: jgilmore

We got to Las Vegas, checked in at the hotel and went to get something to eat. Wasn't planning any OCS shots since I hadn't been paying attention to its current location, but it only took a few minutes to discover where it was at as we drove past the depot and I saw it changing crews. After confirming it was leaving soon from the crew, and with the wife urging me to give chase, I ran back to the room and got my camera and raced off to Wagon Mound, wondering if all the ominous showers and darkening skies bearing down would make it futile. To my delight, the sun was peeking through intermittenly at Wagon Mound and I set up hoping the train would make it in time. The gods were smiling because as I heard repeated and louder thunder claps I heard the horn, clicked some frames and jumped back in the car before the deluge. Glad I followed my instinct and gave chase, esp after seeing those vomitbonnets earlier at Clovis. So, today BNSF showed me their worst and best, saving the best for last. Thanks for looking...

JG

Date: 07/16/21 03:36
Re: EB BNSF OCS pics
Author: cozephyr

Thanks for sharing your surprise deadheading BNSF officer train during your New Mexico visit.  Nothing like being in the right place at the right time-!  Glad your wife was so supportive.

Date: 07/16/21 07:36
Author: bmarti7

I really like no. 3 with the Wagon Mound backdrop.

Bismarck Bill

Date: 07/16/21 07:49
Author: texchief1

No. 3 is a winner!

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 07/16/21 09:13
Author: dan

Date: 07/16/21 11:22
Author: santafe199

jgilmore Wrote: > ... I ran back to the room and got my camera ...

(snickering only slightly, because of my own tragic experiences) One of the absolute OLDEST of Murphy's Railfan Laws says: "If you leave your place of lodging with out camera equipment, you WILL miss a photo-worthy event -GUARANTEED 100%".  I learned a loooong time ago to never, never, never, NEVER leave the house wintout at least 1 camera handy...

been there ~ done that... :^(

Date: 07/16/21 11:46
Author: CompanyNotch

Nice shots, especially showing the Wagon Mound butte in the background.  The weather is like night and day compared to what I experienced only a few minutes later,  and I was only about 3 miles RR east of your location.

Date: 07/16/21 12:15

Nice one dan, you got my best side! Nice train too...

JG

Posted from Android

Date: 07/16/21 14:46

santafe199 Wrote:
----------------------- I learned a loooong time ago to never,
> never, never, NEVER leave the house wintout at
> least 1 camera handy...

You're sooo right boss...

...which is exactly what I told my wife when she said the very same thing to me. I should know better, although it turned out ok this time.

JG

Posted from Android

Date: 07/16/21 16:49
Author: zr1rob

It's so nice to see green there after a couple of non-soon years. #3 is the winner in my book.

Date: 07/16/21 21:25
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Also please make sure the camera battery is fully charged - got seriously burned by that one day.

Don Allender

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0469 seconds