Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Turntable Tuesday

Date: 07/20/21 15:23
Turntable Tuesday
Author: Roadrailer

While driving through the Seattle metro area twice over the past two weekends, I made a point to stop by Interbay to see what was stored dead, laid-up for repairs, and hopefully get a glimpse of Freckles, the former WCRC switcher used at the shops. 1-2) Saturday 7/10 I got some good overall shots of the turntable and roundhouse 3) Friday 7/16, although cloudy, I grabbed another shot of the turntable with BNSF 3606 facing the opposite direction.

Richard in Richland

Date: 07/20/21 15:29
Re: Turntable Tuesday
Author: Q-GP30

any pics of "Freckles"?

Date: 07/20/21 15:52
Author: MEKoch

That first picture shows a clean turntable and tracks.  I am impressed with BNSF and their grounds maintenance.  

Date: 07/20/21 15:58

Q-GP30 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> any pics of "Freckles"?

Unfortunately no. Reportedly it's holed up behind door #15 and 3606 is the primary mule now. 

Date: 07/20/21 20:31
Author: Texican65

MEKoch Wrote:
> That first picture shows a clean turntable and
> tracks.  I am impressed with BNSF and their
> grounds maintenance.  

The grounds appear so well kept and clean because very little servicing of engines takes place there any longer. 2nd and 3rd shift were cut, and there is barely a skeleton crew on day shift. If BNSF has their way, the entire facility will be gone before long.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/20/21 20:33
Author: Texican65

Freckles is Layed Up Bad Order or couldn’t pass the required annual FRA inspection, I’ll inquire with my hostlers buddy, he’ll know.

Cool pics though. You got the 1551 in there….the last operational SD-9 on a class 1!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/20/21 21:24

Texican65 Wrote:
> Cool pics though. You got the 1551 in there….the
> last operational SD-9 on a class 1!
>

Missed it the first day until after reviewing the pics but made sure I got pics the second time. 

Date: 07/21/21 06:15
Author: f591

Looks a lot different then the filthy pit it was in the 70's and 80's when I worked there!

Date: 07/21/21 09:06
Author: Ritzville

Thanks for an interesting series!

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1476 seconds