Home Open Account Help 220 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Speaking of BNSF on the KP...

Date: 07/20/21 14:54
Speaking of BNSF on the KP...
Author: santafe199

Although we have yet to meet face-to-face, I’ve made another new friend here on TO. (Ya gotta love this website!) TO member “sawsee” -name withheld- lives just a ½ hour away from me down railfan highway US 24 in St Marys, KS. He & I already have a sort of routine going. I’ll be chasing some train across the KP and I’ll call to give him the heads-up on whatever it is. And if it’s convenient he’ll get downtown in time to see it.

Last week I was acting on a tip about some BNSF power coming west across our hometown KP ( BNSF over the KP (trainorders.com) ). I forwarded a follow-up to ‘sawsee’ and almost made it over to downtown St Marys to start a short chase. But I was forced to start chasing from the west side of town. So we still didn’t meet.

As I was filing away the folder for that thread I ran across these 2 images taken last month, all P-shopped & ready to post. A good showcase for the perils of living on a low-density main line where you often have sunshine working against you. You just do what you can with what you have to work with. If need be, right into the “artsy-fartsy”. In this case: light, shadow and a heavy silhouette situation. Maybe only a handful of people will recognize this image location. And maybe my friend, Mr ‘sawsee’ will be the only one who appreciates it. But that’s good enough for me...

1. & 2. It’s really hard to tell, but this is indeed BNSF 5103 running eastbound on the KP through St Marys, KS. I believe this is train SITP, more or less a main line local between Salina & Topeka, KS.
Photo taken June 10, 2021.

Thanks for asking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 07/20/21 17:02
Re: Speaking of BNSF on the KP...
Author: jmbreitigan

#1 is a beauty. Great framing.
John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0661 seconds