Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Dixie Fire making a Run on Greenville

Date: 08/02/21 18:39
Dixie Fire making a Run on Greenville
Author: funnelfan

Winds have blown up the northern flanks of this fire and Greenville is now under mandatory Evacuations. Residents are being urged to leave toward Cresent Mill and Taylorsville. Reports have the fire coming down the hill into town. BNSF's Inside Gateway wraps around the south and west side of town and will be hit first. Firefighters and aircraft are being rushed to the town. Another flank of the fire west of Chester is pushing north to Hwy 36/89.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/21 18:45 by funnelfan.

Date: 08/02/21 18:56
Re: Dixie Fire making a Run on Greenville
Author: Graybeard1942

"Due to increased fire activity on the #DixieFire , Plumas Co. Sheriff Johns has issued a Mandatory Evacuation Order for: Canyon Dam south to include Greenville and south of Greenville to include Crescent Mills. You should EVACUATE SOUTH TOWARDS QUINCY, immediately."  

Date: 08/02/21 20:05
Author: dendroica

Posted on Twitter a few minutes ago:

Update: #DixieFire IC requesting the fire train as well as permission to do a firing operation along the train tracks. I believe this is for Division Quebec.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/02/21 20:07

Last October 14th I was at Greenville trying to find a somewhat open spot for a midday northbound train. This was the best that I could manage having never been in the area before. I went into the little town to fill up the gas tank and get some lunch. Met some friendly people there and talked a while as my lunch was being prepared.  It's dreadful the remote community might be destroyed in the coming hours.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 08/02/21 20:47
Author: sphogger

This woman is live-streaming information including FLIR imagery of Indian Valley as fire advances toward Greenville.

https://youtu.be/d1_C_2W-byY

Date: 08/02/21 21:39
Author: RailDawg

sphogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This woman is live-streaming information including
> FLIR imagery of Indian Valley as fire advances
> toward Greenville.
>
> https://youtu.be/d1_C_2W-byY

sphogger that link you posted is an outstanding resource for the Dixie Fire. She is still live-streaming. 500-ft tall wall of fire just popped up near Greenville. 

Sad sad situation happening to some very good people. 

Chuck

Date: 08/02/21 22:22
Author: Graybeard1942

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1_C_2W-byY

Date: 08/02/21 22:38
Author: mleland

If you want to see the feed mostly shown on YT linked above....

All are live cams in the area of the Dixie fire. 

The FLIR cams are both on Dyer Mountain. That is above the East Shore of Lake Almanor. 

https://m.twitch.tv/digitalpath

All subject to change of course. I do not run the feed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/21 22:50 by mleland.

Date: 08/02/21 22:51

The fire map has been redrawn, showing the run toward Greenville. The MODIS fire detection (the dots) is several hours old and doesn't show the current extent of the fire.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 08/03/21 08:31

The MODIS dots have been updated to show the runs the Dixie Fire made yesterday afternoon and evening.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 08/03/21 11:14
Author: icancmp193

Greenville was spared last night but similar conditions are expected again. We still haven’t headed home. I really don’t want to evac twice! TJY

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0596 seconds