Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Caltrain AEM7 Passing Santa Clara, CA

Date: 09/11/21 18:26
Caltrain AEM7 Passing Santa Clara, CA
Author: jimB

Former Amtrak now Caltrain owned AEM7 938 being towed from San Francisco to San Jose Saturday morning by Caltrain MP15 503, passing the Santa Clara depot during our open house hours, providing a show for our visitors and members.

I have no information on the purpose of this move, but the test track for the elctrification is just beyond (south) of the depot and the two AEM7s were acquired for testing the elctrification, which is not yet energized. A remnent of the white plastic tarp used to cover 938 can be seen on top of the engine.

Jim B

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/11/21 18:36
Re: Caltrain AEM7 Passing Santa Clara, CA
Author: NFO

Thanks for posting. 
Norm O.

Date: 09/11/21 20:34
Author: PHall

Maybe they're taking it to the shop to prep it for service so it will be ready to go when there is overhead ready to test.

Date: 09/11/21 21:26
Author: phthithu

One of the units is for parts, one is for testing. Getting close to testing looks like. Nice catch JImB! Looks like a lot of people got the headsup, good turnout. 

Date: 09/11/21 21:41
Author: SLORailfanning

White tarp was removed due to homeless people making it home from what I was told. I'll ask around on what the AEM7 is doing at presumably CEMOF 

Date: 09/12/21 08:21
Author: cchan006

Nice catch of the MP15DC pulling the AEM7, Jim. Swedish Meatballs and Cruds!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0273 seconds