Home Open Account Help 210 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A bad day at Caliente

Date: 10/14/21 06:36
A bad day at Caliente
Author: RSD5

Have you ever arrived at your railfan destination on a beautiful day only to discover that maintenance or other issues have shut down the railroad?  That happened to me a few weeks ago at Caliente/ Tehachapi.  I arrived in Caliente just in time to catch this guy grinding up the hill near tunnel 2.  He proceeded to pull up to the ESS Bealville where the dreaded words "broken rail" at Woodford were spoken by the dispatcher.  It was a full 5 hours before any wheels started rolling. 

Caliente, California  9/21/2021 @1400

Dave

Date: 10/14/21 07:26
Re: A bad day at Caliente
Author: BAB

Looks like that fire break did its job too..

Date: 10/14/21 08:00
Author: texchief1

2nd shot is nice!

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 10/14/21 10:52
Author: callum_out

It's become a near daily occurrence on Tehachapi at least for some period of delay. 

Out 

Date: 10/14/21 11:07
Author: MacBeau

That second image is rather nice. As for getting burned, my father was fond of saying in those circumstances, "You pays your money and you takes your chances."  Better luck next time.
–Mac

Date: 10/14/21 13:53
Author: AndyBrown

Yep!  Time to drive down to the next RR.

Andy

Date: 10/14/21 17:29
Author: CT97

I learned Monday to heed the weather report. if it says winds up to 60MPH,,don`t try going. I made it to mojave only to find the 58 was closed just up ahead so had to "Set sail" home. I think the wind blew the truck the most of the way home to Chatsworth.

Date: 10/14/21 22:37
Author: bearease

Way back in 2014 (where does the time go???) I was greated at the loop by this guy. The weather was less than perfect that day anyway, so I high-tailled it across the desert to Cajon and ended up having a pretty good day!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0296 seconds