Home Open Account Help 412 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > California Railroad Timetable No. 1

Date: 10/14/21 10:09
California Railroad Timetable No. 1
Author: aggiebob

King Street Press California Railroad Timetable No. 1 is now available for purchase. The 307 page publication is a comprehensive guide to railroad operations in California for railfans and photographers.. Please refer to our website for sample pages and purchasing information (the book is being sold on Amazon). http://kingstreetpress.org/

Date: 10/14/21 11:03
Re: California Railroad Timetable No. 1
Author: usmc1401

Thank You. Looking forward to it.

Date: 10/14/21 11:07
Author: jbwest

Ordered mine.  If it is as good as I hope it is it will fill a real need.

JBWX

Date: 10/14/21 12:19
Author: callum_out

As did I, doesn't matter if I throw it in the trash the instant it gets here,, people who put in this kind of work
should be rewarded. 

Out 

Date: 10/14/21 12:27
Author: webmaster

I ordered one too. I would have no patience putting something like this together and then hearing a never ending string of critiques for minor errors.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 10/14/21 12:28
Author: 4451Puff

Any plans for an Oregon/ PNW TT in the works?

Date: 10/14/21 18:20
Author: schaffner

That's great news!  I think the California Railroad Guide was great, nice there's a new one.

Jim Maurer

Date: 10/14/21 18:36
Author: PHall

Ordered one as much as I hate to deal with Amazon.

Date: 10/14/21 20:44
Author: GCCIteacher

I ordered one also--long overdue-Thanks for the effort

Date: 10/14/21 21:21
Author: Valleyman

Thanks for all your effort on this Timetable. I just ordered mine as well. I’ll do my best to promote this to others.

Valleyman

Date: 10/15/21 01:59
Author: Mccloud-36

I ordered mine. Amazon says Sunday Delivery

Posted from Android

Date: 10/15/21 09:27
Author: ATSF5669

Just ordered my copy.  THANK YOU for all the effort you put into publishing this!

Jerry
ATSF5669

Date: 10/15/21 10:01
Author: BobB

I also ordered one; Monday delivery.  I'm also very interested in a Pacific Northwest timetable, preferably including Idaho and Montana.  I have all the Altamont Press timetable and have used them a lot, but they're getting out of date.  If this one is as good as I expect it to be you can count on me to purchase everything else you publish.

Date: 10/15/21 11:54

I plan to publish the Texas Railroad Timetable in November followed by the Alaska and Yukon Tmetable in December. Next year I will work on the Pacific Northwest (BC, OR, WA, ID) and Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, Ut, CO).
Dave Bernstein

Date: 10/16/21 01:17
Author: DGOLDE

I think that you should group the areas covered in each timetable in the exact same way as was done by Altamon Presst.  The following are a couple of examples of Altamont Press area grouping Northwest Region Timetable covered Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington and Central West Timetable covered Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming.  I would prefer fewer timetables covering more states over having a timetable for each state.  If timetables with more states cost more that is fine with me.  Having fewer timetables on a trip makes it easier to find things in the timetable.  I have ordered the new timetable,  it should arrive on October 20.  I do not know if this new timetable is spiral bound but it is much easier to used the Altamont Press timetables that are spiral bound.

Date: 10/16/21 07:47
Author: commissioner

Just ordered mine, should be here Monday. From the sample pages, it looks incredibile! Looking forward to the Pacific Northwest timetable!

Mark Kennebeck
Saint Paul, MN

Date: 10/17/21 06:00
Author: jmonier

Got mine Saturday (Amazon advanced the delivery date from Sunday).  It looks very, very good with lots of info that goes well beyond the Altamont Press timetable.

One big error, though.  The BNSF Harbor Subdivision has not existed in the form shown for a long time. From just beyond El Segundo to Hyde Park, the track is completely gone (replaced mostly by a light rail line under construction).  The track is mostly intact (but may be cut in a few places) from Hyde Park to Malabar.  There are daily locals from Watson to El Segundo serving refinerys at Torrance and El Segundo and stack trains are usually left at Alcoa (Torrance) awaing space at the harbor.  There appear to be customers from Malabar north but I doubt there is any traffic south of there.

Date: 10/17/21 06:04

I agree, however BNSF employee timetable still shows the line intact therefore I listed their data.

Dave Bernstein

Date: 10/17/21 08:14
Author: hotrail

webmaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I ordered one too. I would have no patience
> putting something like this together and then
> hearing a never ending string of critiques for
> minor errors.

Amen!  If I had the amibition to publish a book like this, I would probably just avoid social media for next couple of years.  
Ordered my copy, looking forward to receiving it, and to the author I want to say thanks!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0769 seconds