Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > speaking of 3x3x0's............

Date: 01/08/22 17:37
speaking of 3x3x0's............
Author: goneon66

Mac's fine images of a 3x3x0 stack train out on the needles sub reminded me of this video that i had taken in kingman canyon last year.

here is a w/b 3x3x0 stack train on the bnsf's seligman sub just w/of downtown kingman, az.  

it seems that within the last year, these huge w/b stack trains with just mid-train dpu's have have taken the place of w/b stack trains with both mid-train and rear dpu's.........

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/08/22 17:52
Re: speaking of 3x3x0's............
Author: Ritzville

Nice catch of a very LONG double stacker 66!

Larry

Date: 01/08/22 19:49
Author: MacBeau

The Needles Sub appears to be hosting a fair number of these. I found this one coming west at East Goffs back in October last year. Like the video.
—Mac

Date: 01/08/22 20:02
Author: tomstp

That (DPU's)   is something you rarely see on UP's x T&P line.  Nearly all trains have head end power only.  Now, when 2 trains are combined you will see mid train DPU,s.   UP'S x-Cotton Belt has 1x1x1, and 2x0x1 lots of times.

BNSF uses DPU's a lot.

Date: 01/08/22 20:07

i saw an e/b 3x1 z train today with a LOT of tofc out here on the seligman sub today.  if i can, i'll get the next one i see on video and post it here.............

Date: 01/09/22 08:39
Author: WJEX

Interesting consist. All domestic boxes forward of the DP's and all marine boxes behind the DP's.

And no 20' cans, all big boxes.

Date: 01/09/22 08:49

in the last year, i have not seen any more w/b huge stack trains configured with BOTH mid-train and rear dpu's consisting of ONLY marine/international containers.

in this day and age from what i have seen trackside, if a w/b stack train has only marine/international containers, they are either not very long or combined with domestic containers and/or baretables.

i still see an occasional huge e/b stack train with both mid-train and rear dpu's consisting of ONLY marine/international containers.  

not as many as i used to see and possibly not a good sign for the economy...........

Date: 01/10/22 11:46
Author: Badorder

WJEX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting consist. All domestic boxes forward of
> the DP's and all marine boxes behind the DP's.
>
> And no 20' cans, all big boxes.PSR-----2 different trains combined.

Proud Foamer
OAKLEY, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0428 seconds