Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Engine on KP

Date: 01/25/22 19:18
Engine on KP
Author: upkpfan

I was home this afternoon sorting papers in the kitchen when a grain train went by EB. I can just barely make out what kind of train it is because I have to look thru a bunch of Evergreen trees. End of train came by and I heard a DPU on the end. I looked up and just seen the end of the engine and it had a light Blue  color on the end of the engine. Has anybody seen what this engine is? I would like to know about it if you seen it. Thank you. This is on the KP in Ellsworth, KS..upkpfan

Date: 01/25/22 19:48
Re: Engine on KP
Author: callum_out

Could have been one of the NS 4000 series which have a sky blue nose.

Out 

Date: 01/25/22 20:48
Author: Roadmaster

I'd like to tell you what it might have been, but the three locomotives that come to my mind are not likely candidates. The NS 4000 and 4001, the AC44C6M's that callum_out referenced, were last reported either in Alabama on a Macon-bound train yesterday or in Chattanooga tonight per heritageunits.com. The UP 1982 Missouri Pacific heritage unit has been working on rock trains in Texas for the past several weeks and was in Saginaw, just north of Fort Worth, early this morning.

There are those "blue devil" CN Dash 8-40CW's in Conrail blue, if any are still out and about . . . only one, the IC 2466, has a sighting reported in the last couple of months, and that was in Illinois in December.

Matthew Dittert

Date: 01/25/22 20:50
Author: dan

Mount Sunflower got 27" today I wonder what Cheyenne wells and  other points got on the KP, Burlington Colo got 20"

Date: 01/26/22 01:11
Author: sklinck1

Are any of those CEFX AC4400s still running around? One of those or one of the units Roadmaster mentioned are about all I can think of.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/26/22 02:12
Author: FiestaFoamer

Central Maine & Quebec AC4400CW? Since CP reabsorbed CMQ, a few of those have been running around and shown up as pool power on UP from time to time. It does happen. And that would fit your description.

Date: 01/26/22 07:27
Author: cvrhoghead

there was a grain train in Wakeeney the other day, there was a CSX unit there.  The train had 4 units, still loading when I saw the train.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds