Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > If you're gonna shoot a silhouette...

Date: 04/30/22 16:40
If you're gonna shoot a silhouette...
Author: santafe199

...shoot for an A+!

That’s “A-frame plus tank cars”, by the way... ;^)

1. View from 330th Street, about 700 feet east of the UPRR crossing at Lost Springs, KS. UP 2528 South is running right to left...
Photo date: April 21, 2022.

Thanks for looking west!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 04/30/22 16:43
Re: If you're gonna shoot a silhouette...
Author: jgilmore

That's an A+ alright! Great work...

JG

Date: 04/30/22 16:44
Author: texchief1

Neat shot, Lance!

RC Lundgren

Date: 04/30/22 18:43
Author: alongthejointline

Great composition.

Date: 04/30/22 19:09
Author: Gonut1

Dang Lance!
Two things -
One - Just looking at titles of posts on the Western Board and the Nostalgia & History Board, your's always seem to jump right out of all of the others. Not sure what it it is, but moving from those titles, I continually find Santafe199 as the poster.
Two - I know when I open a post from you it will be at a minimum, interesting, but more usually extraordinary, exceptional or like this one, (sorry, I'm not a baseball fan), just knocked right outta the park.
This shot is on par with the historical silouette shot of a Ma & Pa (Maryland & Pannsylvania) train on a trestle, from many decades ago. I don't recall who made that photo but it has been published many times in many places.
Wow, just, Wow! Thank you.
Gonut 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/22 19:36 by Gonut1.

Date: 04/30/22 19:22
Author: valmont

Lance: You never disappoint ... and this is one of your best examples ... Thank You

Date: 04/30/22 19:48
Author: santafe199

valmont Wrote: > ... You never disappoint ...  Thank You ...

Nahhh, Vince... thank YOU! That's quite a nice compliment. My method is actually pretty simple: "I come. I see. I shoot... a LOT"
Then I refill the gas tank and run home to Photoshop...

;^)

(Added) And to Gonut: I suspect the phrase "gift of gab" just might neatly cover the titles thing of which you speak. My all time favorite science/science fiction author, the late Arthur C Clarke had an incredible talent at what I believe is called "turn of phrase". I've read (and in many cases re-read) almost everything he's ever written. So I guess a lot of his handiwork has stuck in my memory! At any rate. I do thank you as well, for your kind words... :^)

Lance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/22 20:07 by santafe199.

Date: 04/30/22 20:45
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE against the clouds!

Larry

Date: 05/02/22 10:52
Author: xrds72

I will second what Gonut1 says. I always look first for Lance's handle when I open TO. I know it will never disappoint

Thanks for the great shots and your occaisional tips on how to do it so well.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0501 seconds