Home Open Account Help 408 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Smoky Valley at night (almost!)

Date: 10/01/22 02:31
Smoky Valley at night (almost!)
Author: santafe199

I’ve chased this grand ol’ Santa Fe dame regularly since 2010, and it never gets old! Added to the allure is the fact the A&SV is based in my second hometown of Abilene, KS. In this image at the main drag -KS hwy 43- crossing the engine has cut away from its train and is about to back through the short pass. The 3415 will get on the other end of the train and drag it backwards back to Abilene.

This train will run again today & Sunday. And this will be the last we’ll see of this beloved water boiler for an estimated 18 months. The 3415’s flues are due for the 15 year trip to the “doctor’s office”. But as I understand, the work will be contracted out and done right in the 3415’s regular shed. I plan to sneak over to Abilene and do some regular snooping around with my camera, if it’s practical. There may not be a whole lot to see...

1. A&SV 3415, the ex-Santa Fe 4-6-2 is backing into the pass at Enterprise, KS. It’s 7:32 PM on September 30, 2022. This is the Enterprise end of a special 6 PM dinner train run.

Thanks for the moonshot!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0331 seconds