Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 11/30/22 17:55
SLRG latest press release
Author: dan

Date: 11/30/22 18:13
Re: SLRG latest press release
Author: callum_out

And to what's next, I have been assured by purchaser's lead counsel that the interchange arrangement
with the UP will be addressed in 2023. This sale is the best thing to happen to the line in many years and
as well to the shippers on line and the the SLC. And as exhibit #1 that Stefan Soloviev will be more that
a fair weather owner I present a shot from the article in "realvail" authorized release by the railroad
atop La Veta Pass. 

Out 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/22 18:20 by callum_out.

Date: 11/30/22 18:18
Author: irhoghead

Funny, Omnitrax was so sure they had gotten the SLRG that they even formed an employee contest to come up with a name for their new railroad.

Date: 11/30/22 18:55

Is there any legal precedent for a forced sale or trackage rights so SLRG can interchange with BNSF?

UP has got to look at their investment, in the Pueblo-Walsenburg line, which they have maintained well i beleive, and the loss of the traffic on the north yard pueblo frieghts.

they would then not have enough volume for their train to walsenburg?

They like to be the only franchise whereever possible, and killed the Walden  line that they have sold with terrible rates in the past.

UP could say well you buy out  the line from Pueblo, with UP retaining rights, maybe get rights to NA JCT in the process?  Maybe three tracks in the Pueblo yard?

But UP is usually a bully it seems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/22 18:56 by dan.

Date: 12/01/22 05:48
Author: ns2557

But the Main south of Pueblo is owned Jointly with BNSF. If I recall correctly, there is actually no separate track for UP. Pretty much single track from just south of the Evraz Mill to Walsenburg. Would explain why the track is in such good shape. Ben

Date: 12/01/22 06:36
Author: mococomike

Which of the 3 guys on the right is the owner? The middle guy looks pretty young.

Date: 12/01/22 09:02
Author: webmaster

From the BK documents I found this interesting illustrating the people assets it takes to operate a shortline of this size.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 12/01/22 09:34
Author: mapboy

It’s interesting to see the pay rates at a shortline.  Top salary is $161k to EVP of Operations in Wisconsin.  Next highest is $89k for Supervisor of Mechanical Services in Alamosa, then Senior MOP in WI and General Counsel in Chicago, then Roadmaster in Alamosa.  Engineers/Conductors and Signal Maintainer in Alamosa make $51,812.  Low pay ($37,440) goes to a guy on the MOW Crew at $18/hour.

mapboy

Date: 12/01/22 09:35
Author: callum_out

Yes, the 2nd from the right is indeed Mr. Soloviev.

Out 

Date: 12/01/22 09:48
Author: Earlk

Everyone on this list that does not reside in Alamosa are holdovers from IPH.  I imagine those people are history.

I'm glad to see Tyson Bagwell and Mike Shawcroft hanging tough.  I broke both of them in as engineers.  Mike is a 3rd generation Alamosa railroader.  His dad was an engineer on the SLRG and before that he and I worked together at the Cumbres &Toltec.  Mike's grandfather, Jim, hired on with the D&RGW in Alamosa in 1957.  He was on the last narrow gauge freight in 1968,worked the Silverton Branch and worked part time on the C&TS. 

Date: 12/01/22 11:02
Author: cozephyr

What's a DSLE after Mike's name-?  Engineer/Conductor/DSLE

Earlk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm glad to see Tyson Bagwell and Mike Shawcroft
> hanging tough. 

Date: 12/01/22 11:17
Author: ATSF90East

Designated Supervisor (of) Locomotive engineers

cozephyr Wrote:
> What's a DSLE after Mike's name-?
>  Engineer/Conductor/DSLE
>
> Earlk Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I'm glad to see Tyson Bagwell and Mike
> Shawcroft
> > hanging tough. 

Date: 12/01/22 14:27
Author: koloradokid

ns2557 Wrote:
> But the Main south of Pueblo is owned Jointly with
> BNSF. If I recall correctly, there is actually no
> separate track for UP. Pretty much single track
> from just south of the Evraz Mill to Walsenburg.
> Would explain why the track is in such good shape.
> Ben

The line from Southern Junction to Walsenburg is double track all the way.  The BNSF owns the NB side or the east track, while UP owns the west side track.  I didn't say SB as the UP now runs down to Walsenburg and back on their track, while BNSF is mostly a directional running NB only.  Access to the cement plant could be a short run wrong way down the NB track to the plant spur.  Someone local might have to confirm that for me.  

RR

Date: 12/01/22 17:17
Author: ns2557

koloradokid Wrote:
> ns2557 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > But the Main south of Pueblo is owned Jointly
> with
> > BNSF. If I recall correctly, there is actually
> no
> > separate track for UP. Pretty much single track
> > from just south of the Evraz Mill to
> Walsenburg.
> > Would explain why the track is in such good
> shape.
> > Ben
>
> The line from Southern Junction to Walsenburg is
> double track all the way.  The BNSF owns the NB
> side or the east track, while UP owns the west
> side track.  I didn't say SB as the UP now runs
> down to Walsenburg and back on their track, while
> BNSF is mostly a directional running NB only. 
> Access to the cement plant could be a short run
> wrong way down the NB track to the plant spur. 
> Someone local might have to confirm that for
> me.  
>
> RR

I stand corrected. For whatever reason I always thought it was a single track line from S Jct area to Walsenburg. Things ya learn. Thanks for the correction. Ben

Date: 12/01/22 19:26
Author: koloradokid

ns2557 Wrote:

> I stand corrected. For whatever reason I always
> thought it was a single track line from S Jct area
> to Walsenburg. Things ya learn. Thanks for the
> correction. Ben

I did forget one neat tid-bit of the lines history.  BN, knowing this was becoming a heavy haul route for coal to the south, installed CWR on their track, making a faster running side.  Alas, the D&RGW didn't want to spend the money to match the BN, so their side remained bolted rail, and as far as I know still is.  This kept those loaded coal trains restricted to a lower speed limit.  Lower speed on the grades meant harder pulls up the several uphill segments.  Now someone can tell us if the UP is now CWR or not.!

Your forgiven Ben.  I've driven by things for years and never noticed a very obvious fact!

RR

Date: 12/01/22 19:38

UP resufaced their line a couple summers ago, the UP guys remarked detouring  over the BNSF that it was so much better than hitting their jointed rail,  maybe faster , they may have gotten some CWR too on their line during the rebuild, or just resurfaced which would help.

Date: 12/02/22 09:17
Author: PHall

dan Wrote:
> UP resufaced their line a couple summers ago, the
> UP guys remarked detouring  over the BNSF that it
> was so much better than hitting their jointed
> rail,  maybe faster , they may have gotten some
> CWR too on their line during the rebuild, or just
> resurfaced which would help.

Resurfacing usually is adding ballast as needed and tamping and lining the track. Rail replacement is not normally done during resurfacing.

Date: 12/02/22 11:11
Author: joe6w

Had to chuckle when I saw this item among various assets to be transferred to the buyer (2.1(j)):  The name “San Luis & Rio Grande Railroad, Inc.” and any other confusingly similar names.

Date: 12/02/22 12:15
Author: splitreduction

Hmmm, couldn’t the employee names have been blanked out before posting?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/02/22 16:27
Author: webmaster

splitreduction Wrote:
> Hmmm, couldn’t the employee names have been
> blanked out before posting?

This is directly from the internet, it is not privilaged document. I got that with a few keystrokes in the Google search engine. In California and many other states all public employees right down to the janitor have their names and salaries posted.  This is the world we live in today.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1007 seconds