Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UFO’S

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 12/02/22 20:06
UFO’S
Author: RailDawg

Whatever we want to call them it's OK these days to talk about UFO'S. Finally. 

I have seen plenty. Many left me with no doubt. 

Would imagine many of you have a story or two to share about railroads and some crazy sightings!

Chuck

Date: 12/02/22 20:28
Re: UFO’S
Author: skinem

Some of the most disturbing things I've ever seen in 
the middle of the night was what I saw on the other
side of the cab. No doubt it was many times mutual.

Date: 12/02/22 20:54
Author: jgilmore

RailDawg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whatever we want to call them it's OK these days
> to talk about UFO'S. Finally. 

At a bare minimum I think there's more than a few folks here on TO that have come down from UFOs to talk trains. You can tell by what they post...

JG

Date: 12/02/22 21:13
Author: mojaveflyer

I worked many night shifts while working for BN. I saw a number of objects fly over that did not appear to be conventional aircraft. I spent several years in the southern California desert as a kid and was quite familiar with most military aircraft. Most intersting these stories are coming out! One night while working for BN I stopped by the auto lot in Commerce City to see the security guard. /he told me I should have been by about 20 minutes earlier. He described a white light that rose up and made a number of right angle turns as it went up. I asked where he saw it and he pointed to a near by Air Force Base....The movement of the craft he described was identical to a story I heard from a former Air Force guy who was stationed overseas. He said he observed it in the middle of the night from a part of the base where they had classified projects and was off limits to most everybody. Most interesting....

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 12/02/22 21:23
Author: Spoony81

jgilmore Wrote:
> RailDawg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Whatever we want to call them it's OK these
> days
> > to talk about UFO'S. Finally. 
>
> At a bare minimum I think there's more than a few
> folks here on TO that have come down from UFOs to
> talk trains. You can tell by what they post...
>
> JG

You should check out the chats on the Virtual Railfan cams… ooooh boy

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/02/22 21:50
Author: pdt

The mind's need for stimulation knows no bounds.

And to think...the UFO scares of the 1950's were started by the CIA, in an effort to hide spy and weapons testing.

Date: 12/03/22 05:50
Author: Lackawanna484

Virtual Railfan cameras pick up a lot of meteorites, SpaceX, etc.

Lots of stuff up there, flying around.

Posted from Android

Date: 12/03/22 06:44
Author: engineerinvirginia

People see what they want to see....

Date: 12/03/22 07:26
Author: pilotblue

Mulder and Scully might have something to contribute to this thread but only if you want to believe!

Date: 12/03/22 07:41
Author: RailDawg

Out here in N Nevada we have the darkest skies in the country.  Almost every night there are strange flashes and movements if you stop for awhile and observe. 

Have seen the "Tic Tac" UFO's out here more than once... without question there is anti-gravity technology in use.  Have watched a large silver ball fly over the tracks at about 800'.  Too fast for balloon. Silent.  Absolutely incredible to watch and know there ain't no way...

The NUFORC reporting site has hundreds of reports every month some quite fascinating.  Most are explainable but there are many from credible observers that defy logic. 

Will admit Venus has tricked me into thinking there was an oncoming train. 

Chuck

Date: 12/03/22 08:14
Author: Balanced_Braking

I don’t know too many details, but there is that story where a CSX train allegedly hit a UFO

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/03/22 09:35
Author: justalurker66

By definition UFOs are unidentified. All one has to do is identify the object and it is no longer a UFO.
Why people assume that something beyond the technology they know MUST be from outer space is amazing.
(And yes, disinformation is real. And it works.)

I have family that worked on flying objects that others could not identify (and they could not identify under federal penalty).
Some of them are now in museums after becoming public knowledge decades later.
Most could be explained if someone had a little understanding of the technology possible.

And who knows ... the UFOs that were not American test aircraft may have belonged to another country - not another planet.

Date: 12/03/22 10:28
Author: howeld

Todays UFOs are next decade’s fighter jets. I had family in AZ that described seeing flying triangles that later turned out to be the F-117.

Date: 12/03/22 12:03
Author: JasonCNW

Balanced_Braking Wrote:
> I don’t know too many details, but there is that
> story where a CSX train allegedly hit a UFO
>
> Posted from iPhone

That was later debunked as false, writer made it all up but he did do a good job making it sound believable.
JC

Posted from Android

Date: 12/03/22 12:54
Author: DD40

I've just about given up hope on seeing the lights of Marfa.

Date: 12/03/22 14:37
Author: exhaustED

RailDawg Wrote:
> without question there is anti-gravity
> technology in use.  
>

Yes, they're called wings.

Date: 12/03/22 17:01
Author: jgilmore

DD40 Wrote:
> I've just about given up hope on seeing the lights
> of Marfa.

Lol, lots of folks have that experience out there. I've been to Marfa too many times to number and have actually seen them--once. In fact, 3 of us together saw them at the same time (only briefly), ironically only hours after talking to an expert from the Discovery channel who was out there previously on assignment to help a film crew find and see them. But once out of maybe a 100 times is not a good record, so this exercise is mostly futile for a majority of visitors...

JG

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/22 17:03 by jgilmore.

Date: 12/03/22 17:08
Author: gonx

Not a UFO, but there isn't much talk about the red lights at Gurdon, AR.

Gurdon Light

Date: 12/03/22 17:10
Author: ns2557

DD40 Wrote:
> I've just about given up hope on seeing the lights
> of Marfa.

I too have been down this way many times thru the years and have never seen them. Not much out that way tho. So one would think that one may actually see them. The one thing at first I did not realize as to what it was, was the Small Blimp the Border Patrol used to watch things with. That was odd to see the first time. Have shots of it somewhere, as they and I say alot it seems. Just know I have some of it.  Ben

Date: 12/03/22 17:36
Author: rrman6

One Summer night in 1956 at about 10:00 PM, I recall returning home with my mother to our hilltop home in Southwest Kansas.  As we exited the car a greenish round object passed overhead fast and quietly at what appeared as near 300 ft., leaving a short greenish trail before suddenly disappearing.  Although not rail related, I've always wondered about it.  The wings I recall then as a high school sophomore were that of B-36's, B-52's, etc. and it sure wasn't one of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/22 17:38 by rrman6.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0716 seconds