Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Along The BNSF Akron Sub (Slightly OT)

Date: 03/18/23 10:57
Along The BNSF Akron Sub (Slightly OT)
Author: mojaveflyer

I've been anxious to try my new camera shooting the Milky Way since I got it at Christmas. I've been watching the visibility of the Milky Way using the 'Sun Surveyor' app and it appeared the center was becoming more visible (the Milky Way center is only visible from April to October each year because of the tilt of the earth's axis). The center is becoming more visible and it appeared the weather might be somewhat less than frigid so I headed out this morning to try some photos... The weather wasn't as cold as I feared it would be and the wind was thankfully calm. It took me almost an hour to set up the camera and try some shots. I started shooting before the app showed the center would be very high above the horizon. I finally got the camera working and tried a few shots. The attached was the best of the several I shot. The red light is the signal at the end of the Pinneo siding on the BNSF Ry. I'll head back out as the weather gets warmer to practice more....

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 03/18/23 11:07
Re: Along The BNSF Akron Sub (Slightly OT)
Author: santafedan

So many stars makes it hard to pick out the constellations. Scorpio is to the lower right and the "Tea Pot" asterism of  Sagittarius in in the low canter.
Great work.

Date: 03/18/23 11:25
Author: valmont

Great shot Jim ... love the signal inclusion!

Date: 03/18/23 18:15
Author: bmarti7

Amazing exposure Jim!

PCBill

Date: 03/20/23 09:14
Author: mojaveflyer

I was thinking I should be able to bring out more color if I edited it again.... Here's the new edit I did yesterday. It looks a little better!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds