Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > When will they learn?

Date: 01/04/04 21:34
When will they learn?
Author: tbailey

This picture from the New York Times accompanied and article about grandparents taking their grandchildren on vacation. The caption said the picture was somewhere outside on Truckee, CA. Is that the SP mainline that grandpa and his genetic future are on?

Tom

Date: 01/04/04 21:48
Re: When will they learn?
Author: biglewboski22

what is the date and title of the article?

Date: 01/04/04 21:54
Author: trails2rails

It's no excuse at all, but I think that particular location is frequently full of pedestrians and horseback riders, well known to the crews and a spot where trains are usually moving very slowly (isn't near tunnel 10?)...

Again - not trying to excuse this at all...

Date: 01/05/04 11:08
Author: kenw

they do it just to allow someone to feel so much superior by pointing out their folly.

I think I'll post pics of people I see running with sharp sticks....

sorry, the thread topic is a bit worn....

Date: 01/05/04 11:50
Author: railstiesballast

The point is that responsible journalism should not portray dangerous activities and acceptable. It is a continuing duty of railroaders to call the media when they do these things. The readers on TO may know this is slow track but the public cannot distingush between 25 and 79 MPH track.

So whoever saw this should look up the editorial page for an e-mail address and invest a minute or two sending a well thought out letter explaining the safety implications of "playing on the RR tracks." It's easy. It's not about ego, it is about the responsbility that our knowledge carries.

Date: 01/05/04 17:35
Author: tbailey

In the Sunday Business section 1/4/2004

Date: 01/06/04 00:34
Author: unclefloyd

tbailey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the Sunday Business section 1/4/2004

What Newspaper?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds