Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Fall evening at Milepost 693.4

Date: 01/19/04 14:17
Fall evening at Milepost 693.4
Author: LesWhite

On the Needles Subdiv...one of my favorite places to spend a few days and nights in the cooler months.....

a few pictures around old Ludlow once an important junction for lines to points south and north as well as the Santa Fe.....

Murphy Bros' store seen in 2002 crumbling away in the desert beside the BNSF main lines..

Date: 01/19/04 14:50
Re: Fall evening at Milepost 693.4

yet another intermodal pulls away into the vastness of the great desert in the golden hour near Ludlow...

Date: 01/19/04 14:59
Re: Fall evening at Milepost 693.4

and the ghosts of Ludlow greet the sunset as evening descends on the old store......

Date: 01/19/04 15:06
Murphy Bros' today

I'll be out there in May,does anyone know how much is left of the structure these days.....i guess more has crumbled away since these pictures were taken some 20 months ago...?

Date: 01/19/04 17:15
Re: Murphy Bros' today
Author: stevelv

Les,
Here's a link to how the store looked before the Hector Mine quake crumbled it more in October of 1999. I'll have to go through my pictures to see if I had even taken a picture of it before the quake.
Steve B.
http://www.ghosttowngallery.com/htme/ludlow.htm

Date: 01/19/04 18:06
Author: up833

Is there anything open in todays Ludlow? Gas, soda ??
Roger Beckett

Date: 01/19/04 18:34
Author: Kruzn40

It hasn't changed much since the quake.

Ludlow is a busy little place in the middle of nowhere. It has a motel, a cafe, a Chevron station that open 24 hrs. and a 76 station with a Dairy Queen!!..

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0632 seconds