Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Union Pacific at Blairsden, CA

Date: 02/25/04 10:35
Union Pacific at Blairsden, CA
Author: PasadenaSub

Here's a couple of shots taken exactly 9 years ago, from a winter trip to UP's ex-WP Feather River Canyon line, near Blairsden, CA (about 10-15 miles west of Portola).

In the first picture, UP SD40-2 3694 leads a Santa Fe SD45-2u and another UP SD40-2 with an eastbound manifest. I recall while sitting in this spot waiting for the train, my buddy and I put some of our car-trunk temperature soft drinks into a nearby pool of icy water, and in about 10 minutes had some icy-cold caffeine available.

The second picture features UP Dash 8-40C 9123 leading a wesbound intermodal train at the west switch of the Blairsden siding on the same day. I was using a Vivitar 70-210mm zoom that I borrowed from my dad for my Pentax K-mount manual-focus camera on this one. Not the sharpest piece of glass, but I was able to sharpen the scan a bit with Photoshop.

Both taken February 25, 1995 with Kodachrome 64 slide film.

Thanks for looking!

Rich

Date: 02/25/04 10:37
Re: Union Pacific at Blairsden, CA
Author: PasadenaSub

And the 2nd shot...

Date: 02/25/04 12:32
Re: Union Pacific at Blairsden, CA
Author: GrandeGold

Rich,

The Schneider National trailers look great against the deep greens of Feather River Canyon.

James

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0363 seconds