Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Nikon D-70 pictures

Date: 04/07/04 11:26
Nikon D-70 pictures
Author: brettrw

All,

I have finally acquired Nikon's latest DSLR, the D-70. (see http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond70/ )

I have posted a couple of shots at http://www.trainweb.org/brettrw/uprr/D70.html

These images are in an untouched, straight from the camera format. No in camera sharpening was used either.

So far the camera seems to be really nice. I'll try and process a few images and post those as well.

Thanks

Brett

Date: 04/07/04 11:48
Re: Nikon D-70 pictures
Author: espeeboy

With everyone and their mama now having this awesome camera, I know what I want for my birthday in July! (hint hint to railfan_girlfriend if anyone can help me out with this!)

Date: 04/07/04 12:16
Author: bmalonef45

Isn't Digital awesome? Great sharpness, excellent detail.

Date: 04/07/04 12:29
Author: filmteknik

Espeeboy said:
>I know what I want for my birthday in July! (hint hint to railfan_girlfriend if
>anyone can help me out with this!)

I'd rather have the railfan girlfriend but if you already have one of those the camera is quite nice.

3008 x 2000 native pixels seems kinda odd; I wonder how they came up with that.

Date: 04/07/04 12:35
Author: shastafan

They look impressive to me! However, there are some spots on the image that I'm curious about. Any ideas?

John

Date: 04/07/04 12:37

Because 3008 X 2000 = exactly 6,016,000 pixels or 6.016 MEGAPIX!

Date: 04/07/04 12:37
Author: brettrw

shastafan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They look impressive to me! However, there are
> some spots on the image that I'm curious about.
> Any ideas?
>
> John

Dust on the sensor...:o(

Date: 04/07/04 12:38

bugs? dust? condensation captured on digifilm?

Date: 04/07/04 13:18
Author: espee99

Look all you folks, the camera works great, now I have had one for a few weeks and taken many pictures (not all rail related) in all modes. Now I need to improve on some glass so I can take wider angle shots. Best product I have bought in years.......

Espee 99

Date: 04/07/04 14:03
Author: MAB

You know, the one thing that is somewhat depressing about the digital revolution is that we can now take sharper pictures than ever of dirtier locomotives than ever......

Date: 04/07/04 14:20
Author: J.Ferris

filmteknik Wrote:
> Espeeboy said:
> >I know what I want for my birthday in July!
> (hint hint to railfan_girlfriend if
> >anyone can help me out with this!)
>
> I'd rather have the railfan girlfriend but if you
> already have one of those the camera is quite
> nice.

I've got the railfan GF (BN_Girl). One of the guys here at work (Apple Computer) just picked up a D-70. Mr. Early Addopter, we call him. One of the other guys here has a Digital Rebal, so I've been lucky enough to see the output of both. Right now the D-70 has the edge... but for how long?

J.

Date: 04/07/04 14:30

Hey no problem with that. When it loses the edge to some new digital brute in 8.6 days I'll be expecting that nice D70 price break from everyone stuck with mega backstock!

Date: 04/07/04 15:10
Author: uprail

shastafan Wrote:
> They look impressive to me! However, there are
> some spots on the image that I'm curious about.
> Any ideas?
>
> John
As far as the spots, I get a couple every now and then with my Nikon D100. One of these days I will take advantage of the maintenance contract and see whats up with that. For now, I just take care of it in Photoshop.

Date: 04/07/04 19:40
Author: pacificeclectic

That's dust. There are some methods to deal with it. Get qualified advice from one of the digital oriented photographic sites, etc. Even the digicams can get it at times. Be careful when changing lenses and avoid doing so in dirty environments.

Date: 04/07/04 21:14
Sensor Cleaning
Author: fjc

Date: 04/08/04 15:18
Re: Sensor Cleaning
Author: ddavies

I don't know about other DSLRs, but for the D1 you have to buy the AC power supply to be able to do the cleaning :-(

Date: 04/08/04 20:40
Re: Sensor Cleaning
Author: mstl1048

[http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning]

I have a D100 and the AC power is required for cleaning the sensor.

I followed the copperhill process above with great success.

dlo

Date: 04/09/04 22:49
Fuji S2
Author: foamer

I have the Fuji S2 (and Nikon N80), but Fuji just came out with a S3. 12 true Megapxels, my camera only interpolaits to 12 Megapixels. I guess I'll wait for he S4, 21 Megapixels interpolaited to 42.

Foamer

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0468 seconds