Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > question for Ryan Wilkerson

Date: 07/29/04 11:19
question for Ryan Wilkerson
Author: xtra1188w

I just visited your website and I didn't see an email address or a link for the same. You seem to be mostly, if not only into the contemporary railroad scene, is that right? I'm not nearly as interested in the contemporary stuff as I am in the more historical things. With all of that being said, I was womdering whether you ever go "ghost" railfanning in your area. There used to be quite a lot of mining and narrow gauge mining railroads in the Redding and Shasta areas, is there any traces of that stuff left? Or is it all mostly under a lake? ( the name of the lake escapes me, I'm having a senior moment right now ) One railroad whose name evades me, served a big copper mine or mining area.
Your area is so beautiful, that I could go railfanning up there and not experience much of a let down even if I didn't see a train.

Con Sweet, in central Texas right now. (I think)

Date: 07/29/04 13:20
Re: question for Ryan Wilkerson
Author: RyanWilkerson

Con Sweet,
Despite having a web address of ShastaRails.com, I am definitely not an expert on the area. I only lived in Mount Shasta for a short time but I've spent many vacations up there in the last 20 years. I'm relatively young but I am always learning about the history of the area. Resident RR historian/author John Signor, Photo Bob Morris and other TO posters probably have much more knowledge than I do. If you'd like to contact me via email, my address is webmaster AT shastarails.com.

-Ryan Wilkerson
http://www.shastarails.com

Date: 07/29/04 13:30
Re: Did you say 'Dunsmuir'?
Author: TCnR

Date: 07/29/04 15:51
Re: Did you say 'Dunsmuir'?
Author: xtra1188w

Thanx to both of you for your responses. I'm definitely going to check out those links that you posted TCn3, thank you for them.

Con

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0276 seconds