Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > upkpfan is back

Date: 02/23/05 19:59
upkpfan is back
Author: upkpfan

Our computer went down on us and we got a new one and just got it back up and partly running tonight. I've still been watching the KP running. Have heard that they were supposed to have started at Russell, KS and going West to REGA siding laying CWR but don't know if they have started or not. upkpfan

Date: 02/23/05 21:36
Re: upkpfan is back
Author: rock4310

How are you doing upkpfan? UP started laying CWR Monday. Rail is being laid 1 east of Yocemento to the east of Riga elevator. When they finish, all rail between the Hays and Riga siding will be CWR.

Date: 02/24/05 05:13
Author: billio

Welcome back upkpfan. How much of the KP line remains to have CWR installed? 500 miles? 300 miles? 100 miles? Just a guess...

Thanks. --Billio

Date: 02/24/05 19:46
Author: upkpfan

Billo,
I don't know how much is left as i don't know how much is down. It is so piece-mealed. It is all CWR from Black Wolf East to Topeka and a lot of spots West of there. upkpfan

Date: 02/24/05 19:50
Author: kansas

What is CWR?

Date: 02/24/05 19:58
Author: NSDash9

kansas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is CWR?

Continuous Welded Rail

CRT

Date: 02/24/05 20:33
Author: rrman6

Marv, good to see you're back in operation! I just sent an e-mail to you wondering about you and your family's condition. Thought there might have been a health problem, but glad to hear it is only a computer. Sure is great when you loose it isn't it? I've had a loss of a hard drive once and that's almost like loosing a relative! Anyway, hope you are enjoying the new unit and we'll see what you and it can do now. Take care and keep us posted on the CWR progesss.
cf

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0669 seconds