Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF "VINTAGE" Class on the fly!

Date: 02/26/05 22:34
BNSF "VINTAGE" Class on the fly!
Author: RPA

I can say that I have never seen one of these units jamming across the high desert before today. Wow! Another BNSF example of their pride in ownership and restoration of these vintage units.

RPA

Mojave Subdivision

Date: 02/26/05 23:23
Re: BNSF "VINTAGE" Class on the fly!
Author: roberthedgecock

Where? when? one of these in Calif? is this a first?

Date: 02/27/05 05:03
Author: danf

It still has a builder's plate. That's pretty rare...

Date: 02/27/05 05:26
Author: QU25C

and its a CB&Q too got to like that. richard

Date: 02/27/05 10:13
Author: El4Short

Holy cow, that's gorgeous! Where was that, and which way was she headed??

El

Date: 02/27/05 10:51
Author: David.Curlee

BNSF 6136 came into Barstow, CA on Friday in the consist of H-TULBAR1 22 (Tulsa, OK to Barstow). The same consist left the following day pulling the M-BARALT1 26 (Barstow to Alliance, TX). Like many of the remaining SD9's, I'm sure they were putting her to use for mainline service, not just dragging it along for the ride.

Date: 02/27/05 17:10
Probably not a real builder's plate...
Author: davew833

The EMD "hot dog" builder's plate is almost certainly a replica, and most likely a decal. UP went to decals on their restored E-9s after the real ones (replicas) were stolen one too many times.

Date: 02/28/05 05:12
Re: Probably not a real builder's plate...
Author: Gateway97

This is maybe going to sound funny, but at first glance, that lashup reminded me of the pre-BN paint schemes you would have seen in the early '70's. That MRL unit recalls the GN late scheme(although darker blue), the SD9 of course GN early diesel, and the FURX SD looks lighter green like the immediate pre-merger Burlington green scheme.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds