Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > new BNSF Logo at night

Date: 04/15/05 08:46
new BNSF Logo at night
Author: pikespeeker

New logo design on BNSF ES44 ( head of Schnabel train ) Monument siding Apr 14.

Date: 04/15/05 09:15
Re: new BNSF Logo at night
Author: LCW

looks as dumb at night as it does during the day.

Date: 04/15/05 10:07
Author: scannergeek

Nice photo though.

Date: 04/15/05 10:26
Author: rbx551985

scannergeek Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice photo though.

That's "Scotch-Glo" decal, isn't it? That stuff must cost a lot. Does this type of prototype logo-work cost MORE than regular paint would? And, how does it fit in with the FRA's new regulations of adding reflectorization to all RR equipment in the next several years?

Date: 04/15/05 11:25
Author: NRE973

Probably one of the dumbest lettering/logos ever (reminds me of the French SNCF). The BNSF cross/circle wasn't extactly great, but it wasn't that bad. It seems every evolvong emblem is dumber than the previous, and has less connection to who & what the railroad is.

I remember when I thought the CN "worm" was the wors't one ever, and when UP took 'RAILROAD' out of the shield.

I'm suprised the BNSF included 'RAILWAY' with this emblem. I'll bet that disappears in the next version.

I don't mind the BN green going away in trade for the H2 GN inspired scheme, but anybody that tosses out the red & silver Warbonnet doesn't understand branding (which doesn't happen overnight). If Lionel could spot this in 1947, why can't the polo-shirt golfers running railroad?

There is a reason why firms like UP and Harley-Davidson haven't tried to find a better logo.

Date: 04/15/05 16:22
Author: LAIRPORT

The side logo doesn't bother me too much, but the use of it on the nose is really poor design. The cigar band or some other vestiges of the SF cross really "POPS" as they say on the decorating shows. Its sad that some design consultant probably made .25 to 1 mil $ on this job.

Date: 04/15/05 16:43
Author: tarnett

Just when I thought the whining was over.....

T.

Date: 04/15/05 19:02
Author: GTWGregg

I'm starting to get used to that Nike rip-off, but I still don't like it. I'd prefer the Santa Fe cross over that any day.

Date: 04/16/05 09:15
Author: Nbetween

rbx551985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> scannergeek Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nice photo though.
>
>
> That's "Scotch-Glo" decal, isn't it? That stuff
> must cost a lot. Does this type of prototype
> logo-work cost MORE than regular paint would?
> And, how does it fit in with the FRA's new
> regulations of adding reflectorization to all RR
> equipment in the next several years?

The PRO active BNSF , yes this decaling does cost alot more than paint. All DASH 9's Have met the FRA's new Reflector requirement. Its the frieght cars they are working on. Nice LOGO , Nice Picture..........I cant wait to see the Yellow LOGO at night with its reflective capabilities. Once again for you logo haters " GET OVER IT "

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0554 seconds