Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Great Day in Jack London

Date: 05/09/05 12:26
Great Day in Jack London
Author: 43197

I've just arrived back in the UK from another very interesting railfan trip to California. As always lots of interesting material recorded and I will post a few in due course. I was rather lucky on my morning visit to Jack London Square (Oakland), to record passing trains, although this obviously happens from time to time it was nice to see such action and be able to record it. The picture shows Amtrak 2001 dep Jack London Square with empty stock to the car sheds off the 09.55 Sacramento-Oakland service, while approaching is UP8788, UP2745, and UP8805 powering just three flats (anyone know what the working was).

Many highlights during the trip, including stalled trains on Cajon and Tehachapi, derailment at Woodford, the BNSF Business train runing over the Tehachapi Mountains and many CSX units leading on UP services.

Colin J Marsden
Dawlish
UK

Date: 05/09/05 13:19
Re: Great Day in Jack London
Author: DaveD

Nice shot... Glad you had a good time. A couple months back, and you probably would have got a lot more wet during your trip. :-)

Dave
-DPD Productions - Featuring the NEW TrainTenna LP Directional RR Radio Monitoring Antenna-
http://eje.railfan.net/dpdp/

Date: 05/09/05 14:59
Re: Great Day in Jack London
Author: alex14ramos

WOW, although those are patched SP units, I would have loved to see that! Glad you had fun!

Thanks for sharing,
Alex Ramos

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.024 seconds