Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > YASEU VX-150

Date: 06/10/05 11:03
YASEU VX-150
Author: photoguy24141

just bought the VX-150 , how can you program it to scan like a regular scanner without useing software?

Date: 06/10/05 11:38
Re: YASEU VX-150
Author: papio

I programmed them (the 100 AAR freqs) in manually--didn't take too long.
Ed

Date: 06/10/05 12:11
Author: CyRail

I suggest programming all 100 frequencies in, and then blocking the frequencies that aren't used in your local area. This has worked well for me, I scan about 10 instead of 100. If I leave my local area, I unlock all the freqencies I might need. Vastly improves the scanning time, which is not a strong point of the model.

CyRail

Date: 06/11/05 17:57
Author: RobJ

to set channel:
VFO
61110 (161.110) omit leading 1 and decimal
Hold F for 2 beeps
turn volume knob to change chanel to desired- do within 10 seconds or you are out
F for one beep

To scan
Press MR and then up or down arrow, sometimes have to do this twice as it tries all the chanels

As you read the manual you will find you must learn to hold keys for specified time
or something entirely diffferent happens.

I can quickly program in 10 channels as I need them but whatever you do, you don't want to be scanning much more than that(less is better). I leave everything else locked out. I just use the first 10 channels. Certainly can program in all the channels and lock out unused ones but i like to put them in the first 10 slots and then review what I have.

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0296 seconds