Home Open Account Help 220 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Moving A Railfan To a New House is SERIOUS Business

Date: 06/27/05 22:02
Moving A Railfan To a New House is SERIOUS Business
Author: espeeboy

And this other railfan buddy and his large railroadiana collection are a LOT to move! Of course as per FRA rules, safety must be a high priority for all workers involved.

Blue signals displayed signify that workers are on, under, or between rolling equipment. When so displayed:

(1) The equipment may not be coupled to

(2) The equipment may not be moved

(3) Other rolling equipment may not be placed on the same track so as to reduce or block the view of a blue signal

(4) Rolling equipment may not pass a displayed blue signal.

Blue signals must be displayed by each craft or group of workers prior to their going on, under, or between rolling equipment and may only be removed by the same craft or group that displayed them.

I forgot my safety glasses and ear plugs but did have the RR issued gloves and steel-toed boots on. A couple of us including me violated intoxicant Rule G a few times! After sweaty, grimy and heavy lifting kind of work, that beans break never felt so good! There was enough rail, ties, trackside signs and hardware plus locomotive parts to build one souped-up speeder test track with station!

Date: 06/27/05 22:57
Re: Moving A Railfan To a New House is SERIOUS Business

I think that drop-step is bad ordered...

Date: 06/27/05 23:01

the Mulford YardMaster was out and about figuring out how many loads our Geep could handle and what the estimated departure time would be. Here he is on his way to contact Dispatcher Annie...

Date: 06/27/05 23:25
Author: CT97

Couple Things

Sp 6314 looks to have come from the Ford Plant,,Not General Motors

What`s the horsepower per ton rating?

Does it look like you`ll have to double the hill/

Good luck getting block authority
Phil/CT97

Date: 06/27/05 23:26
Author: danf

Geeeze... and I thought I was a junk collector. I have a crossbuck down in the basement that you would drool over. I forgot to tell you about that one the other day...

Date: 06/28/05 06:32
Author: vegasrails

and I thought the occasional traffic sign that I would run over and retrieve (never one to little something out in the street, to be ran over or tripped over) was bad, You guys have me beat.

Date: 06/28/05 07:52
Author: Lone Star

Looks like Annie is a good cook...

John

Date: 06/28/05 08:30
Author: mococomike

You should see his speeder collection in the backyard. Before Vic got PW'd his house was in a lot worse shape.

Date: 06/28/05 09:00
Author: RoustaboutAl

Damn!! I remember when Vic had hair and when it was all one color!!! As for the streched out t-shirts?? He always wore those... In fact I still have videos from the Amboy trip proving it. Looking good vic considering your seniority...

Al Fonseca

Date: 06/28/05 15:38
Author: cs16

mococomike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You should see his speeder collection in the
> backyard. Before Vic got PW'd his house was in a
> lot worse shape.

I remember him having to shave the tub before showering :)

Date: 06/29/05 04:54
Author: Q-GP30

Ryan,

How about a picture of Annie (The first Lady of Railfanning). Been awhile since you posted any of her.

Regards
Q-GP30

Date: 06/29/05 09:29

Q-GP30 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ryan,
>
> How about a picture of Annie (The first Lady of
> Railfanning). Been awhile since you posted any of
> her.
>
> Regards
> Q-GP30

Vic's Annie or railfan-Girlfriend (aka my Anna)? No, I won't post a photo of Vic's Annie...

Date: 06/30/05 03:31
Author: Q-GP30

Sorry Ryan , I meant your Anna (My mistake).

BTW a friend of mine that is a former SP hoghead out of St. Louis moved into a new house and set up a display of his old signs, etc. along his basement wall. He took clean ballast and filled a box built out from the wall about two feet and set up his milepost signs and such. Looks way cool!

Regards
Q-GP30

P.S. Am going to repaint a Athearn SD70M soon and need to know what type of air horn best represents a SP airhorn for the SD70M. Am going to model one of those SP SD70M's I took the picture of on their maiden run.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0746 seconds